1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - Do you let your babies on your furn?

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by Logansmama, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gus's Mum

Gus's Mum Boxer Buddy

Gus has his own seat on the couch or should I say the whole couch. If he's in a noisy mood, he'll sit (lounge) at the end nearest the window, so he can watch the world go by. If he's in a lazy mood, he lounges at the other end on top off all the cushions. When we have visitors he draws them dirty looks if anybody dares sit on his seat. Typical boxer. With boxers you don't own anything, they own you, your furniture, your bed etc., basically everything you have is theirs & your only there to please them. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Wendy (loved & owned by Gus nearly 12 yrs young)

2. PingsMomNiki

PingsMomNiki Boxer Booster

When we first brought Ping home we purchased a doggy bed for him to sleep in.. we said we wouldnt let him sleep with us.. yeah right! Then we said.. well we'll let it slide for now.. he's 17 months old now and has slept in our bed every night since we brought him home! lol and when we're in the living room he of course is on the couch with us, or if the kids have the air mattress out you can bet he's taking up 2/3rds of it! The only time you'll find Ping on the floor is if he's hot and wants to lay on the cold tile in the kitchen or in front of the floor fan... and in winter he likes to lay in front of the fire.. but of course he gets his pillow [yes, he has a pillow! lol] and brings it to lay his head down on.. its like he's human, so funny. Boxers are hilarious.

3. shylosmom

shylosmom Boxer Pal

I feel empty without one (or better yet both) of my babies curled up with me on the couch or in my bed. I think they play a little game that they call "who can get the closest to Mommy."

4. buffym

buffym Super Boxer

Honestly now, do we really have a choice?? Mine think they own the furniture and we should be sitting on the floor!!!!

5. GillianF

GillianF Boxer Booster

Of course Ttakas and Bronte are allowed on the furniture - it's their right as members of our family ! ! ! They sleep on the love seat bum- to- bum with their heads on the armrests and look like bookends! Ttakas will also crawl up onto your lap if you are sitting in the rocking chair - an 80 lb lap dog! I have sheets on the cushions of the sofa and love seat which need washing every few days. They're not too keen on sleeping on the bed with us, but I do know that Bronte likes to make a 'nest' of the covers on our bed and sleeps there during the day when we are at work. Our Chester used to love to get under the covers and sleep at our feet - don't know how he could breathe down there! I love that warm biscuity smell off them when they are sleeping beside me on the couch. Needless to say when we have company (which is not too often) they can't understand why they are not allowed up on the furniture! Gotta love them - Boxers Rule (us) !!!

6. MOMMA KAREN

MOMMA KAREN Boxer Pal

Mi Casa Su Casa

Before I got married and Mikey came into my life he was strictly an outdoor dog. When my husband and I moved to the country and introduced Mikey to a whole new world, he did not like it and became depressed. He refused to eat and cried the Woo Woo song all the time. Finally I relented and let him come inside and I wouldn't have it any other way since then. He is happier and eats better. He put on some needed weight and makes himself comfy on the furniture or one of us which ever seems like a better idea at the time. You'd think he'd been an indoor dog his whole life! I don't know of a boxer that isn't well aware that they own their people body and soul (that includes their furniture too!).

7. lost1700

lost1700 Boxer Booster

Didn't at first, but Bosco WANTS to be up on the couch with me, only if I am sitting on it. He'll lay on the floor if Im doing something else. But it is now his couch and he's allowing me on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.