Pink mole on dog's side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alisa KM

Boxer Pal
Hello everyone,

I had a question/concern that some of you may or may not be familiar with already...

A few months ago our 7 year old boxer started losing hair in random, tiny patches all over his fur, mainly on his back and trunk area. Where the patches were the skin was very flaky, white, and just bald. Took him to the vet then, she said not to worry and prescribed him some medication. The hair loss went away, and hair started to quickly grow back where the patches had been.

Now.. in one patch, a pink mole has grown and it's very soft and mushy like, as a mole would be. We started noticing it more and more in the past few weeks. There is a little hair on it, but it's mostly hairless. He doesn't seem bothered by it. It's not bleeding or anything. But it's strange that it appeared there after that episode. He has also developed a few new, small mole-like things on his neck area-- they are flesh-colored.

I have made a vet appointment just to be safe as I am utterly terrified that it has something to do with cancer/tumors. Has anyone seen this before and can shed some light? He is not acting strange otherwise... He is eating, playing, acting the same in general.

I really hope my baby is OK :(

Status
Not open for further replies.