Our Brutus has passed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louby

Super Boxer
So sorry to hear of your loss - my heart goes out to you and your family at this very sad time.

sparsey

Super Boxer
I'm sorry to hear about your wonderful boy Brutus. Just know that with time, the hurt fades and then the beautiful memories of Brutus shine through and make your heart smile. It's always so hard to lose a dear loved one. Always remember we are here to give support when you need it. Godspeed Brutus!

Corky's Mom

Boxer Booster
Tears are falling for your family and Brutus. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and my Boxer send you lots of slobbers.

NinjaRoo

Boxer Pal
Missing Bru

I just want to say thanks for all the kind words and support you have given me. It has been two days without Brutus, and my husband and I are doing okay. This is my first time coping with the loss of a pet...my husband grew up with Boxers, but that doesn't mean he hurts any less. We also own a three year old American Eskimo named Nick...and just today, Nick is showing signs of missing his buddy. My heart is just so empty without Brutus, and I'm finding comfort in your words, looking at Boxer pictures, and knowing that he is no longer suffering.

We have decided to take Bru's ashes my husband's mom's house. We are going to plant a tree or flower near his favorite spot at her house...so every time we visit his family, we will visit Bru too!!

I do feel guilty because I've already started thinking about our next Boxer...don't get me wrong, Brutus can never be replaced, but I'm hooked on this breed, and anxiously await the day when we are ready to welcome home a new furbaby!! Is it too soon for me to start planning for our next Boxer? Brutus was our first son, and I don't know how long I can handle our house without a Boxer to make our house a home.

kala

Boxer Pal
When to get another dog is a personal matter. Some people wait for a long time and others adopt right away. I adopted a week after Katie passed. But then I had 19 months of battling her illness so I was a bit prepared, as prepared as anyone can be at that time. Not to say it was easy but I knew I needed another Rottie in the house. When you do decide it is time for another Boxer don't ever think it is replacing Brutus. He can never be replaced and will live forever in your heart. I think of the new dog as a tribute to the one who is gone. It is a tribute to the love you shared with the one who is no longer there that you can open your heart to another.
sue

NinjaRoo

Boxer Pal
You know, this hurts just way too much!! I told myself that I wouldn't cry anymore, but reading through all of the kind sentiments and all of the reminders around the house is a bit overwhelming...Man, I miss that Brutus terribly...what I wouldn't do to massage those floppy ears again, and to hear Brutus do that low pitched, "Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..." Do any of your Boxers react like that when having their ears massaged?

sparsey

Super Boxer
You can't put a time limit on when to get another dog. You will know when it is right for you. I don't think getting another boxer replaces the boxer you lost, but in my case it really helped me to pour all that love out on another boxer. When Chewy passed, we all were so sad in our house. I knew I had to get another boxer soon, as we had all fallen head over heals in love with Chewy. Ruby really helped us all with our grief. My youngest son was the only one who thought it was too early, but he grew to love Ruby as each day passed. It is really a hard thing to lose the ones you love, but believe me it does get better, and those memories will always keep him in your heart.

I lost my Draco exactly 4 months ago.....I just don't know how these 4 months went by---but it did. Not a second goes by without my thinking of him.

Brutus is free and happy at the bridge.

NinjaRoo

Boxer Pal
Ironic? Or the works of Brutus?

You know, I believe things happen for a reason. Ever since Brutus passed, I've been longing to just pet the heck out of a Boxer...Well, this morning, my son and I had to take our car to the dealer for an appointment...we decided to wait, so I took out his stroller, and we walked the stores in town...I stopped at the Tru-Value store just to waste time, and wouldn't you know it, down one of the isles I was in, a Boxer darted by...I turned the stroller around so fast and said to my son..."Look...Boo-Boo!" (That's one of the few nicknames we used to call him.) But come to find out, the Boxer is named Tessie, and she's the store dog! I got to pet a Boxer and my son was showered with those kisses no other breed can give!!!! It was so WONDERFUL and very theraputic to love on a Boxer. Of course I burst into tears at first, but when we left the store, I suddenly no longer had a lot of that emptiness in my heart. All that love I gave Brutus came back at me...does any of this make sense?

Isnt' it amazing how animals touch our lives? (love ya Bru!)

Status
Not open for further replies.