Orijen Reginal Red to 6 fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

jessic

Boxer Booster
I have been feeding my guys Orijen Reginal Red, and they like it and have been doing good on it, but I was wondering about going from Reginal Red to 6 Fish, if I need to do a gradual change, or if since its the same brand could I switch them faster? Then here's a second question, I would like to get my guys on a roation going from reginal red to 6 fish, so how long should I leave them on one before I switch them to the other? I would just like to give them some variety.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
You should probably switch every 2-3 months. You should also switch manufacturers. You might want to consider Taste of the Wild, Innovo Evo or Wellness Core. There are lots of other great foods out there too.

How long it takes to switch them depends on your dog. The more often you switch them, the easier it will probably get.

Good luck!

perrymcg

Boxer Booster
We have tried other brands with Zeus, but nothing works quite like Orijen, so we switch him every three-four months between all three orijen foods. We usually do a gradually switch over, but like said above as we switch him more and more their is less of an impact on his stomach.

argosrocks

Super Boxer
horizon legacy is good for the rotation too,unfortunately they only have a turkey,chicken,salmon formula,but if you want to try a different manufacturer,id suggest them to add

HL Hendrix

Boxer Buddy
I switch Hendrix every 2-3 bags. Usually switch him over a time period of a week starting at 75:25 then working up from there accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.