1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions?

Discussion in 'Showing - questions and answers' started by Zooki, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zooki

Zooki Boxer Pal

2. SaharaNight

SaharaNight Boxer Buddy

If you get a more straight on (on her level) stack picture it would be easier to say something. She's also a puppy so her body is changing constantly. Where is she from?

3. TwoDogs

TwoDogs Boxer Insane

Have you ever shown a dog before? If not, I would suggest taking a breed handling class first. I've never shown conformation personally, but I've learned alot from other trainers, groomers, and handlers that I know.

A few things you'll need before you think about entering the ring...
    Your dog needs to be comfortable in the show environment and not freaked out by the other dogs, people, judge, ring, etc. She will need to be used to being touched by a stranger in order to do well on the stand for exam portion of the judging. You will want to know how to properly gait her around the ring. You'll need to work on getting a good stack out of her--how she stacks and where you have her hold her head can change the look of her conformation.

Showing is costly. I would go and observe a number of shows before I entered. I would see if you could do a "ride along" with someone you know who has a dog entered or is handling a dog. See if an obedience club near you is holding a "Show & Go" or mock show so you can get a feel for what a real show experience is like before you go for the real thing.

4. Zooki

Zooki Boxer Pal

Better photos

Thanks for your responses, no I've never shown but would just like to know about zookis conformation, my local dog groomer actually asked if she could show zooki, she shows labs + rotties, which is why I thought I would just read up about it as she doesn't actually own a boxer herself.. Honestly don't think I would show, but i do find it interesting.

As to where she is from, I live in Indonesia and there is quite a good Indonesian boxer club (comparing to other breeds progress and quality in Indonesia) and they have imported most breeding lines which is where zooki comes from, mostly European lines.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/7817/imagezje.jpg
    http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7034/imagejst.jpg
    http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8786/imagemrux.jpg
    http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/6626/imageesc.jpg

5. entelekia

entelekia Super Boxer

I am not an expert by any means. I am just someone who has been to a fair share of Boxer/All breeds shows and know a few people who show and breed Boxers.

She seems to have a nice, square head (it really is hard to tell from pictures). Nice black mask, beautiful coat.

Her legs look short to me? And she doesn't seem to have a pronounced "tuck" in her belly... but that might just be puppy fat. :)
    I know in the United States it's sometimes difficult to finish a plain fawn, but it might be different in Indonesia.

I would take her to someone belonging to the Indonesia Boxer Club to have her evaluated. They would most likely look at her topline, check the head/muzzle proportions and check her bite as well.

Hope that helps.

6. Zooki

Zooki Boxer Pal

I also thought she was small/short for her age. She's about 5months. . .?

No local Indonesian boxer club in Bali only in the capital in Jakarta :(

Thank you for your input.

7. entelekia

entelekia Super Boxer

Here's a great site to get you started. It has tons of explanations on what the boxer standard is, and it includes a lot of pictures of correct and incorrect boxers at all ages:

The Side View

Hope that helps.

8. SaharaNight

SaharaNight Boxer Buddy

Sorry this is so late and certainly no expert here either. Still learning.

She's got a nice, classic Euro head although she could possibly need a shorter nose and more turn up. She's probably going through her puppy head phase though. Her rear is high, but again could just be a puppy thing. She seems to have a nice, thick square build which I like.

Being totally honest though, just because a handler (of other breeds at least) tells you she should be shown, doesn't mean she's show quality. I also don't know the quality of dogs or comptiveness in Indonesia, but if you wanted to show her you probably could and possibly do well.

She does seem little though, although it could also just be her line's build. Euros are typically lower built than Americans. How tall is she?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.