No more couch rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

doofershuman

Boxer Buddy
We had the no couch/furniture rule as well. That lasted about 3 hours when Little D was trying to get up on the couch to snuggle my husband. He scooped him up and that was that LOL

Now (9 weeks later) every time I open the cage and say "go to bed" he looks at me and "sneakly" jumps onto the couch or runs into the bedroom to jump on the bed. Silly boy! We allow it, but he gets moved to the cage when we head to bed :)

Roge

Boxer Insane
Oh yeh been there done that. Roge would put his head on my lap and then slowly one front paw then the other and before you,d know it the back one,s would creep up with a look in his eyes saying " dont move me I just want to cuddle in " It would take a heart of stone to move him and hay the way I look at it he is way more important than the couch.

janmark

Boxer Buddy
I have a very similar story. My DH and I went back and forth before Jada came to live with us. He was adamant that a dog will not sleep in the bed. We picked up Jada on a Saturday and that rule lasted until Monday night when after being a work all day neither of us hard the heart to crate her. She has been snuggling with us ever since and I love it when she shares his pillow. My DH has never had a boxer and I think he still gets surprised just how much love and affections Jada gives him. She is now spoiled with the run of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.