1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Dog Food

Discussion in 'Feeding' started by vitalsignusa, Feb 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vitalsignusa

vitalsignusa Boxer Booster

Has anyone tried this new dog food 'Taste of the Wild' on their Boxer? I just bought the Pacific Stream Canine Formula with Smoked Salmon 15lb. bag. I had Luna on Wellness and the Canidae brands at different times since she developed the tearstain problem. None of the eyecare products I purchased worked. The vet said it could very well be a food allergy, so I switched her food first to Canidae and when she still had the problem I tried Wellness. Now my little girl tends to get a bit pudgie around the middle and the Wellness did help with her weight gain. She has gotten back and maintained her girlish figure but the tearstains continue. So I just bought this brand at the pet store near our house. She said it has gotten rave reviews from several of her customers and the price is comparable to Wellness and Canidae. It's supposed to be grainless and Luna ate it up. I know her belly is going to be upset for a few days while she adjusts to the new food but I was curious if anyone else had tried it for their Boxer??

2. cantfindlog

cantfindlog Completely Boxer Crazy

I am using the TOTW High Prairie Canine Formula for Molly. She is on her 1st full bag. She eats up with no problems, but she seems to be hungry yet. She is feed twice a day and she goes to her bowl at dinner time about and hour earlier than she used to. I choose this formula because it is recommended on dog food analysis. I now have a rotation for Molly; Canidae, Evo, and TOTW. I hope the food works out for you. :)

3. kayboxer

kayboxer Boxer Insane

I used Taste of the Wild for a while. My dogs really liked it. The only reason I stopped is because when I emailed to ask if their protein sources were ethoxyquin-free free they told me they could not give out that information, which obviously means no. I'm not saying it is not a good food, I just prefer a company that uses a ethozyquin-free food. Ethozyquin is a preservative and has been known to cause health and liver problems in animals.

4. Bruisersmomi

Bruisersmomi Super Boxer

Bruiser eats TOTW, but I've been reading the posts on here about ethoxyquin and that they will not answer your question directly about using it in there kibble. What food did you decide to go with instead of TOTW? I wanted to try Innova Red Meat, but I'm wondering if maybe that will be to rich for Bruiser.

5. RolenKisses

RolenKisses Boxer Insane

I started with Innova EVO Red Meat when I switched Rolen's food from Timberwolf Bison. He absolutely loved it, but his poop never firmed up while he was eating it. He's on the regular Innova EVO and loves it! His poop is much firmer now! :) He seems to like both of the Innova EVOs.

6. cantfindlog

cantfindlog Completely Boxer Crazy

I am glad this thread came up again. I have been feeding TOTW and it has been on my mind since kayboxer reminded us about ethoxyguin. It just sucks, Molly is really doing good on that food and now I need to look for something else again. Its seems so hard to find good food. There are not many foods at the "top" of the list on dogfoodanalysis that are acceptable. The search continues!

7. Lael

Lael Super Boxer

I have been feeding my two this for several months, with good results. The fish mix caused the most horrific breath, however, so I avoid it. They seem to enjoy the bison/venison mix the best.

My understanding of the toxin issue is very small, since I am just hearing about it. So I don't know if you've already decided against it. But one thing I noticed is that their coats seem to benefit ENORMOUSLY from the grain-free diet. Lael's coat is thick and soft, something she's never had.

Best of luck on the food search! It's a hard one for our boxer babies. :)
    Cat

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.