Neutering?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyson6900

Boxer Buddy
I have two boxers. One is neutered and about a year old.. and the other one is not and about 5 months old. I have an appointment for the younger one to get neutered next week, but before I brought him I would like some advice. Jake (younger one) has only one testicle. If I decide to not get him neutered will him and Tyson (older one) fight a lot when Jake gets older? Thanks in advance

Aimee

Boxer Insane
I would strongly recommend you neuter for health reasons. An undescended testicle has a very high chance of becoming cancerous. If you were considering breeding him unfortunantly this is a hereditary condition and breeding shouldn't be allowed. Here is a link with some more information for you. I hope it is helpful.

http://www.peteducation.com/repro/cryptorchid.htm

Billysmum

Boxer Insane
When Billy was a pup he had one testicle that had not descended and the vet advised neutering because the undescended one could cause cancer - so definately take him in.

With regard to fighting. Billy is 4.5 and neutered and Tommy is 20 mths and entire. They get along very well together and never fight (only play fight).

tyson6900

Boxer Buddy
I have decided to go ahead and get him neutered. I was going to have the undecended one removed anyways. I would hate for my baby to get cancer. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.