Need help! Portable Hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cami

Boxer Insane
Since THE hard drive crash of 2010.....I finally went out and bought a portable external hard drive.

Sold to me as "easy' and "plug and play".

Well that is all fine and dandy but seriously....NO INSTRUCTIONS?
Not one single instruction in the very tiny and not much in English book that came with it.

So I plug it in assuming that something would pop up on my screen and tell me what to do next. NOPE.

I get a little blurb that says "New hardware found".
Duh, I just plugged it in.

Clicked on My Computer and can see it is there but clicking on Drive E opens up a window with the same instructions that are in the book and nothing more.

I want to save my pictures, videos, various work related and personal files as well as saved e-mails and contacts. Is that so hard?

Well I suppose it is when you don't have any instructions!!!

Anyone wiser than myself care to share a few pointers??

If it matters it is a Toshiba 320 GB/Go "storage made simple" (but not really), USB 2.0 portable hard drive with "plug and play operation".
"Drop & Drag" use.

ARRGGG!!!

nalabear

Super Boxer
lol i feel your pain.

my computer will not open our portable hard drive without going to the computer file first. DH's computer gives me a prompt asking me what I want to do with it.

Anyway when I back up our computers I do the drag and drop. I haven't tried saving emails so I am not sure how that would work. It basically works like a little USB storage device only bigger.

I don't know if that will help but i am sure someone else will chime in.

Cami

Boxer Insane
I thought maybe my computer had a headache (I know I do) so I shut it down and restarted. While that was in progress I tried it on my laptop which garnished the same result.

Decided to Google. Seems I am not the only one with this issue.
Back in the box it went and it is going back to the store.
I don't have time to deal with frustrating devices!

Nothing seems to be going right lately.

CrazyCharlie

Completely Boxer Crazy
hehe. You should be able to "move file" to the extermal hard drive. Although I know you have packed it up to take back. It is actually really easy to do. Hard to explain through type, I am more of a do it along with you type of person that way I don't miss anything.

Let me know if you want to give it another shot and I can try to explain it the best I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.