Natural Choice Lamb and Whole Brown Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knbarnes

Boxer Pal
Okay, long story short ... I will no longer feed Bella this food anymore. I bought a new bag (big one on sale for $60) since we had almost run out. Well, It's possible just a coincidence of timing but I have major doubts... Almost a month later we are still actively a part of the bland diet world. Boiled chicken, rice and chicken broth seem to be our new menu. Once reaching point to slowly introduce her dry food- it's not even longer than two days before she is vomiting, retching, lethargic and having diarrhea issues. We've been to the emergency vet and normal vet and have now been diagnosed with pancreatitis. If you read reviews for this food you would be shocked to see what people are saying. I feel terrible, I am the one who fed her this food. I thought I was doing a good thing by feeding her reputable and definitely not inexpensive food. Like I said, this could be a matter if timing but I'd horse caution to the wind before feeding it to your fur baby.

Bella is slowly on the me mends to recovery. Today was her first full day home from the vet; she has been in IV treatments and under the doctors supervision (my poor baby) for over three days.

MichBoxerMom

Boxer Buddy
wow... I am so sorry for your Bella. I almost switched to this food about 2 months ago and now I am so glad I did not! I did however have this problem last May with the Blue Buffalo and would never use it again. Hope your baby is feeling better soon!

Knbarnes

Boxer Pal
I'm not guaranteeing her diagnosis to pancreatitis is from the dry dog food. I definitely have a strong suspicious however that it is, so I'm glad you made a different choice then the Natural Choice.

Once she we can lift her off of her bland diet and get back on dry food she will be on Royal Canin Boxer 26 as directed but the vet. I have my fingers crossed this will be a good food for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.