Nail trimming advice

LoveMyDoggie

Boxer Insane
Since we have not been able to walk because of the cold and snow daisys nails have got a bit long. We tried to trim her nails for the first time today and was in shock when she just sat there and let us trim them. We only did the front tonight because we did not want to push it.

joeys mom

Boxer Insane
I too am jealous, I have tried EVERYTHING and we still cant get the nails trimmed with clippers or dremel. I thought that the dremel would be the best bet for us because Chance cant hear it... BIG FAT NO!!!! His nails stay longer then they should or that I want because he just isn't going to give in to this. We still struggle and try though after a whole year. The most frustrating thing is that when he goes to the vet he lets them cut them with out batting an eye. GRRRRR!!! He really needs them done about every 2 weeks because we don't have a lot of concrete or pavement. so for us THE STRUGGLE IS REAL!!!!! Good luck to you!

Independence

Boxer Insane
I would definitely try the dremel. Also, if you can get the dog up off of the floor. We put Bode on top of his crate. Funny he would fight it on the floor but the minute I put him up on my level he calms down and lets me do his nails in no time.

LoveMyDoggie

Boxer Insane
We did end up doing the back paws and no problem at all. I knew there had to be something that Daisy would not be stubborn about. evilicon Who would of guessed it would of been this. My Lab just watched with the look of do not even try that on me, yet he will let the vet do it with no problems. confusedicon