my new foster, scared senior girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

MomtoMaggie

Boxer Booster
Latest on Grace

She's looking really good. This is from yesterday

HEADLINE NEWS ON AMAZING GRACE

While most of the time Headline News would be a major update to physical progress of a dog but sometimes the mental state is even more important. For the FIRST time since she was pulled from the shelter – SHE HAS WAGGED HER TAIL!!! To some, this may be trivial but to us it is HUGE and worth sharing. Grace wagging her tail – not once but 5 wags – is something we have waited for and now it’s happened! Her mental state is happy and well loved and now the 5 tail wags prove she is on her way to a more stable and enjoyable life – no matter how long that is HAPPY TAIL WAGS TODAY PEOPLE!

MomtoMaggie

Boxer Booster
I saw the nub wag!

I saw the wag this morning! She didn't do it for me, but again for my husband. LOL

Boxer hugs and kisses,

Heather, mom to
Gabby/boxer/70 lbs/26 months/very good and healthy girl
&
Forever missing Maggie/boxer/68 lbs/12 +yrs/ CKD, chronic pancreatitis, hypothyroidism, arthritis, arrhythmia controlled by sotalol, adult onset epilepsy, likely IBD,a heart condition suspected to be ARVC or DCM, mammary cancer spread to lower lymph node and high BP controlled by amolodopine. Got her wings 2.20.14 at 6:20 pm after giving us 5 years, 4 months and 17 days of unconditional love
Maggie's story Maggie's legacy and memorial | Animal Rescue - PetCaring.com
Orange County, CA

MomtoMaggie

Boxer Booster
Video of Grace getting acupuncture yesterday

Here is a video of Grace getting acupuncture yesterday.

Grace getting acupuncture with Dr. Amanda Aldridge - YouTube

Boxer hugs and kisses,

Heather, mom to
&
Forever missing Maggie/boxer/68 lbs/12 +yrs/ CKD, chronic pancreatitis, hypothyroidism, arthritis, arrhythmia controlled by sotalol, adult onset epilepsy, likely IBD,a heart condition suspected to be ARVC or DCM, mammary cancer spread to lower lymph node and high BP controlled by amolodopine. Got her wings 2.20.14 at 6:20 pm after giving us 5 years, 4 months and 17 days of unconditional love
Maggie's story http://www.petcaring.com/my-fundraisers.aspx
Orange County, CA

MomtoMaggie

Boxer Booster
Grace out for a trot

Here's video of Grace out for a trot yesterday. Gotta love this girl!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beWJ3i4iUcs&feature=youtu.be

Boxer hugs and kisses,

Heather, mom to
&
Maggie's story Maggie's legacy and memorial | Animal Rescue - PetCaring.com
Orange County, CA

Holden's Mom

Boxer Insane
The last video really put a smile on my face. So good to see this older girl enjoying life at last.

Keep going Grace. There are many good days ahead.

Pam and Doug

MomtoMaggie

Boxer Booster
Gracie is an angel

IT IS WITH A HEAVY HEART we share the news that our Amazing Grace was called home Friday night. She had an up and down week. As much as we hoped it was merely another UTI, nothing cultured and the other lump on her thyroid was cancer. Her neurologic deficits became more pronounced, which her doctor was fairly certain was due to cancer. We left the vet at 4:00 pm knowing we had to pay very close attention to her quality of life, but still we were not expecting her to get her wings so soon. Sadly, she had two major seizures yesterday evening that left her with severe nerve damage. At 4:30 she was mobile and at 6:30 pm she wasn’t able to stand. The second seizure around 7:30 pm left her tongue and part of her face paralyzed as well and little doubt that she could bounce back from this set back.

Raphaelle Brilliant, Laurie Mitchell and Summer Phelps were at Gracie’s side 30 minutes after they received the call from her foster mommy that she had taken a sudden turn for the worse. Her aunties, foster mom and dad all went with her to the ER hospital. She was given a sedative, which gave us all about another 15 minutes to wrap our arms around our precious girl, tell her how much we love her and tell her about who was going to be there waiting to put their paw around her to guide her home. Sachi himself, Sophie, Puka, Maggie, Silk and all of the SAR angels welcomed Gracie. She passed so very peacefully at 9:20 pm feeling safe and loved through her journey.

Roge

Boxer Insane
Oh nooooo !!! I have missed at lot of your posts as iv not been on that much lately .
I was going through it looking at the clips you posted smiling thinking she was on the up ,well your last post was like a slap on the face , I am so sorry for your loss I had such high hopes for this beautiful girl . While you feel your loss please take comfort in the fact that you made her feel what it is like to have really good caring people in her life and on her final journey .
God speed sweet Grace

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I am so sorry! Run free at the Rainbow Bridge sweet girl!
Godspeed.
angeliconangeliconangelicon

Holden's Mom

Boxer Insane
So very sorry for your loss. Her last days were likely her very best days, and she passed in loving arms.

Godspeed dear Grace.

Pam and Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.