1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My girl had surgery today

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by Linda/NJ, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Oh the joys of it all !!! I'm glad she is doing well .. It is so so hard to keep them calm , my mum was the same when she got Sheba spayed , after the first 4 days or so she gave up trying and all worked out well ..
    The fur grows back pretty quickly, within a month it should be fully re grown ..

Linda/NJ likes this.
  2. msnitsirk

msnitsirk Boxer Booster

Just remember as each day goes by the stitches are doing less and she is healing more. I am not suggesting by any means that you let her jump or overdue it, but unless the vet says no for some reason, a slow leash walk shouldn't hurt anything and let her burn some energy. Even after Sammie had knee surgery she needed longer and longer walks before stitches came out. Best of luck for her recovery. It is stressful trying to keep them calm as they can be so exuberant by nature.

Linda/NJ likes this.
  3. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

Yes I see a little bit of fur growing back. Two nights got her to sleep in her bed all night in our room. After a few minutes of telling her no about getting on bed, she got tired eventually. I think when we reach the 10 day mark, she should be good. I am letting her walk around the yard a bit, but she must be feeling fine to run a short few feet, I had a treat to get her to go in the house. Didn't want to push it.