Missing my boxers

Albie

Completely Boxer Crazy
I hopped onto Boxerworld this morning after a long absence to get my boxer fix. We lost both of our boxers in 2012 within six months of each other. Lacy was 12 and had heart issues and collapsed one day and we couldn't save her. My heart dog Jack had lymphoma and underwent chemo. He did well for quite a while but the cancer caught up with him and we couldn't get him back in remission and we had to say goodbye. I was so heartbroken after losing Jack, I just couldn't imagine life with another boxer. We ended up getting a lab puppy in 2013, about six months after losing Jack. Sam is now a great dog but he sure was a horrible puppy. Everything went into his mouth. We made several trips to the ER with him because he swallowed things he shouldn't have. This boy could steal and swallow a washcloth in the blink of an eye. We have literally been in training with Sam for 2 years straight and he finally passed his CGC in March. It was quite the accomplishment for us! I've recently been thinking about adding a boxer to the family. I really do miss the breed, I'm just so scared of the health issues that plague these wonderful dogs. Idk. Maybe by the end of the year, we will have another boxer! I enjoyed catching up with everyone's boxer babies!

LoveMyDoggie

Boxer Insane
We have a 6 year old Lab and after our Collie passed we waited about 6 months and decided we wanted a friend for our Lab. We also had concerns after reading about Boxers. 11 months ago we decided we were going to get a Boxer. We took a road trip to rescue our girl and I could not be happier. Really what made us decide to ignore the health issues and get a Boxer was our Lab. He has always had ear infection problems and hair loss problems and we have battled it with vet visits and medicine. I am so glad we made the decision on getting a Boxer girl. As you can see from the picture below she is also happy about it and she has such a RUFF life now. Welcome back.

rain 004.JPG

Murp.mm

Boxer Insane
Hello and welcome back. Sorry about your babies. It must have been really hard losing two so close together. We lost our little poodle last May 2014 and I still miss him. We chose not to get another dog as Ms. Ali is an older girl and although she missed our little Boo Boo for quite awhile she thoroughly enjoys getting all the attention now. Good luck.

Murp.mm

Boxer Insane
We have a 6 year old Lab and after our Collie passed we waited about 6 months and decided we wanted a friend for our Lab. We also had concerns after reading about Boxers. 11 months ago we decided we were going to get a Boxer. We took a road trip to rescue our girl and I could not be happier. Really what made us decide to ignore the health issues and get a Boxer was our Lab. He has always had ear infection problems and hair loss problems and we have battled it with vet visits and medicine. I am so glad we made the decision on getting a Boxer girl. As you can see from the picture below she is also happy about it and she has such a RUFF life now. Welcome back.

View attachment 59283
Your girl is gorgeous. Thank you for adopting. If we decide down the road to get another boxer that would be my choice. So many boxers(and all dogs) out there need good loving homes. Your girl is one lucky boxer.

x19er

Boxer Insane
It's so hard to loose our boxer babes, similar to yourselves we lost both ours within 4 months of each other, so I hear you <hugs>. We lost our girl first and our boy was hopeless on his on so we adopted a Lurcher as we didn't feel we could face having another boxer at that time. She is a brilliant wee thing. We then lost our old boy and we decided no more boxers................and then one appeared at a local shelter and well we couldn't not try for him, it just seemed the right thing to do and as it turns out he's fitted in so well and it is a joy to have a boxer around the place again. There will be one out there for you too be it puppy or rescue waiting to come help heal your heart, when the time is right, good luck x

Murp.mm

Boxer Insane
It's so hard to loose our boxer babes, similar to yourselves we lost both ours within 4 months of each other, so I hear you <hugs>. We lost our girl first and our boy was hopeless on his on so we adopted a Lurcher as we didn't feel we could face having another boxer at that time. She is a brilliant wee thing. We then lost our old boy and we decided no more boxers................and then one appeared at a local shelter and well we couldn't not try for him, it just seemed the right thing to do and as it turns out he's fitted in so well and it is a joy to have a boxer around the place again. There will be one out there for you too be it puppy or rescue waiting to come help heal your heart, when the time is right, good luck x

I was looking at your pics in your media page. Loved all of them. Stunning boxers.

Biff

Boxer Insane
I hopped onto Boxerworld this morning after a long absence to get my boxer fix. We lost both of our boxers in 2012 within six months of each other. Lacy was 12 and had heart issues and collapsed one day and we couldn't save her. My heart dog Jack had lymphoma and underwent chemo. He did well for quite a while but the cancer caught up with him and we couldn't get him back in remission and we had to say goodbye. I was so heartbroken after losing Jack, I just couldn't imagine life with another boxer. We ended up getting a lab puppy in 2013, about six months after losing Jack. Sam is now a great dog but he sure was a horrible puppy. Everything went into his mouth. We made several trips to the ER with him because he swallowed things he shouldn't have. This boy could steal and swallow a washcloth in the blink of an eye. We have literally been in training with Sam for 2 years straight and he finally passed his CGC in March. It was quite the accomplishment for us! I've recently been thinking about adding a boxer to the family. I really do miss the breed, I'm just so scared of the health issues that plague these wonderful dogs. Idk. Maybe by the end of the year, we will have another boxer! I enjoyed catching up with everyone's boxer babies!

I share your pain. We lost our boxer girl, Buttons, in Oct 14 suddenly to an aggressive vascular cancer. Our big boy Biff and survived chemo twice, but just this weekend a huge fast growing tumour has grown in his neck. Nothing can be done and later today we will help him cross over to the Bridge to join his sister. He is asleep on my lap now, and I too found my way back to Boxerworld where everyone understands how I am feeling right now.
We still have five year old Bruno who will help us through the dark days ahead, but right now I don't think I will ever have another Boxer

x19er

Boxer Insane
Oh no Barbara :-( I'm so so sorry, your gorgeous big boy. I know there is nothing I can say. How things have changed since the days when we had our babes together on those boxer walks. Be brave lovely lady, hugs to you all xx

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I share your pain. We lost our boxer girl, Buttons, in Oct 14 suddenly to an aggressive vascular cancer. Our big boy Biff and survived chemo twice, but just this weekend a huge fast growing tumour has grown in his neck. Nothing can be done and later today we will help him cross over to the Bridge to join his sister. He is asleep on my lap now, and I too found my way back to Boxerworld where everyone understands how I am feeling right now.
We still have five year old Bruno who will help us through the dark days ahead, but right now I don't think I will ever have another Boxer

I am so sorry!

Independence

Boxer Insane
We tried so hard NOT to get another boxer after our Indy passed with cancer at 51/2. We said no way, looked at several different breeds and still ended up bringing Bode home 7 months later. Now 5 years later we have 2 boxers. Just can't see us with any other breed.