Meeting rescued little girl tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mae Lynn

Boxer Pal
I am so excited! Tomorrow the Las Vegas Boxer Rescue is bringing over an under one year old white female boxer for our family to meet. I hope she likes us!!! I had never really thought of getting a white one before, they said she has her natural ears and tail. I'll let you know how it goes. Mae Lynn:D

buddy'smom

Boxer Pal
How exciting for you! I hope all goes well and that you both fall in love with each other. When I adopted Kailee from our rescue it was a sight unseen adoption. All I knew was she was 2 yrs old a brindle. I remember my husband saying to me what does she look like and my reply was "I don't know, just brindle!" LOL Needless to say Kailee is beautiful and everything worked out so well. The night we went to get her the first words out of both of our mouths were "She is beautiful!" Good luck and keep us posted.

colin

Boxer Pal
buddy's Mom

Hello Buddy's Mom,

We just got a new girl addtion to the family. From boxer Rescue
Canada (Ottawa). Adia is around five years old just a sweet dog soaking up all the affection she is getting. Her and our other boxer Milo are getting along great. Two boxer's sure beat one. and Milo goes for his tests in Guelph on Thursday for his heart . We are confident that it is just a minor heart Mumurer. They are both behind me right now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz really loud. do you dogs snore really loud?

talk to you soon.

Milo - 19 month flashy brindle- natural ears -
Adia- 5 year old flashy fawn - cropped ears

Brenda & Boxers

Boxer Buddy
:) I remember the first day Kaya and I met. I was so nervous and prayed that she would like me. Little did I know that one day after that meeting she moved her little body right in and taught me a thing or two! :D

Good luck to you!

buddy'smom

Boxer Pal
Colin
Congratulations on your recent adoption! Yes you are so right when you say 2 boxers are the best! We still had Buddy when we adopted Kailee last October and had I known how wonderful 2 would be I would have done it sooner! Unfortunatly we lost Buddy in Feb. so we are once again back to being a one boxer home, but not for long I hope.
Guelph University is a fantastic Animal hospital. We had Buddy there this past winter for assesment. He spent 2 days there and received wonderful care. The vets are very kind and compassionate, and I am sure you will be pleased with them.
Let me know how things are going for you! Cambridge is not all that far away from us, maybe someday we can get our boxers together for a playday!
Snoring!! :LOL: it is part of being a boxer I think! Kailee is getting very good at it! And Buddy well, he was like a freight train going through the house!

Mae Lynn

Boxer Pal
New adoption

Well, of course it was love at first sight, and the whole family just adores our new addition, she is 11 months old, mostly white with a little brown, and just the sweetest thing. I do not understand how people can just turn a pet into the shelter-the Boxer Rescue found her there, sick with kennel cough. They got her well, and the first two days she was very quiet and reserved, but now is beginning to "laugh" and play, looking for fun things to chew up. and likes to play bite the ankle, which I have explained to her is NOT my favorite game. Even our Brat Cat is getting along with her. Husband is spoiling her beyond belief-but she needs some so it okay! Maybe later we can find another pal to add to our household. Mae Lynn

Claudia807

Completely Boxer Crazy
Re: New adoption

Originally posted by Mae Lynn
Well, of course it was love at first sight, and the whole family just adores our new addition, she is 11 months old, mostly white with a little brown, and just the sweetest thing.

I'm so glad to hear that things are working out so well for you and your new family member. Are you going to do some obedience training with her? She is at a pretty tough age, so it couldn't hurt! Congratulations!

Mae Lynn

Boxer Pal
Obediance training yes!

Yes, we plan on taking her to training, just waiting for her to feel a bit more at home here. She is more quiet that our other boxer was, and VERY GOOD at passive resistance-gets her way most of the time just by waiting us out!! She sits well, and has some basic training, but I want to teach her the down and stay, etc. I would love to do the agility thing, but she is still kind of a klutz! Aren't boxers the most fun dog??? Mae Lynngrin2icon

MarilynP

Boxer Buddy
Molly is such a sweet name. I wish her a long, healthy, happy life with your family. Marilyn

Nayla-brindle female (and master at key board slobering):rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.