Marvin needs foster in CA to save his life

MomtoMaggie

Boxer Booster
Is there anyone in CA that would be willing to foster this 8 year old boxer boy? He was extended to Monday, but if we can't find a place for him Baldwin Park is going to euthanize him. Fostering seniors is so easy. They don't ask for much at all.

RockTheBoxer

Super Boxer
If you cannot find a foster, can he be taken to a no kill shelter? There some good boxer rescue groups in CA as well. Maybe one of them could take him in?

MomtoMaggie

Boxer Booster
Rock,

I volunteer with one of the Boxer rescues in CA and yes, we have several but all of them are always full. There are far more boxers coming into the shelters here than the rescues can take. What really kills me is how many seniors get dumped in the shelters here. Seniors have to go to foster homes. Rescues don't put seniors in boarding. We need more foster homes for seniors.

RockTheBoxer

Super Boxer
I'm so glad Marvin was adopted!

I'm not sure what part of CA you are in, but here in the Central Valley, there is a good no kill shelter. They also work to find foster home for dogs of all ages. Just a thought to see if any of the shelters can help, especially in dire situations like Marvin's. Thank you for all of the good work you do for these sweet babies! When My hubby and I are in a place where one of us can work part time, I'd love nothing more than to volunteer for a shelter or rescue to help each fur baby know the love they deserve. You are amazing for the selfless work you do.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I am so glad that he got adopted. :) He looked like such a sweetie.