Martin and chaos (what a couple !)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irinikm

Boxer Booster
Hello everyone,

Martin has been known to run into trouble (or trouble running into Martin) occasionally but lately -after the incident with the cleaning lady- things were pretty much quiet.

Then last night, my sweet neighbor invited me over to her house and presented me with a delicious hand made sweet called "halva" which is oriental in origin. This sweet involves semolina soaked in syrup with olive oil and roasted almonds and dried fruit and cinnamon etc. It was warm and looked amazing served in a large salad bowl.

I thanked her and headed for my apartment. I opened the door and knowing that Martin would be wigly i raise my hand (holding the platter) high above my head so that Martin can't reach it. I open the door, Martin steps out, sniffs, and then gives a huge upright bolt and knocks the bowl over my hand, onto my head, the bowl makes a brief stop on my forehead and continues its demise upon my foot... it breaks into a thousand pieces and the whole grainy hanvas is spread over my head, over the floor, down the stairs and so on. The worst is that halvas is grainy, greesy, sticky and hot...;-)

The whole of hell breaks loose, with me screaming, Martin running, the neighbor opening her door only to witness me covered in halva and the whole floor a mess... and as if this wasn't enough... a neighbor next to me opens her door as well and says she's pregnant and the sweet smelled so nice that she wondered if she could have a piece...

It took me 1 1/2 hour just to clean up the mess (including boiling water to clean the sticky floor) and two showers later I can still smell cinammon on my head... not to mention that Martin had a few seconds to feast on syrup and semolina before he became grounded for the rest of the day.

And i really wanted to have a taste of the halva ;-(
Next time i'll get whatever is given to me in a plastic, airtight container...

Irene, Martin and Boulou

lisasentous

Boxer Insane
I have been wondering how he was behaving after the cleaning lady episode :LOL: Since no news is good news !

What a mess, but at least cinnamon spells nice, no ?
Next time stay and eat at your neighbours house.

Chiefsmom

Boxer Insane
:LOL: Sorry but the mental picture of this event is so funny! :LOL: The plastic air-tight container sounds like a good plan! ~~~~ Note to Neighbor! :LOL: I bet Martin attempted to have himself some halva while it was on his turf, huh? ;)

Slobberchops

Boxer Insane
Halva is better cold on a plastic plate,not as a new hair treatment:LOL:

Poor Martin only wanted a little taste,and probably to protect you from the big scary bowl:eek:

Gen G. :)

Super Boxer
:LOL: Oh... I'm sorry to laugh, but Martin is such a clown :LOL: There is only way this story could have been worse: if the person holding the halva bowl had been the cleaning lady instead of you!

I must admit that I (secretly) hope to see a new "Martin: 3 Cleaning lady: 0" post every day... Martin just makes me laugh so much :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.