Mamma is a White boxer. an the pups be registered?

TysonTY1

Boxer Pal
Hello all, this may be an age old question. Looking at puppy from from a local breed. The Dad is a fancy fawn and the Momma is mostly white. The littler is half white and half fawn. I am looking at one of the fawns. Is it possible that the mom can be considered a full breed and registered. Can the puppies be registered?

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
You can certainly register white boxers. Technically you shouldn't because a white boxers shouldn't be bred and can't be shown in conformation, since they don't meet the standard.

Personally, I would never buy a pup from a white parent. The breeder is obviously just a back yard breeder that doesn't care whether her dogs meet the standard or not. White boxer should never be bred! Chances are that none of the necessary health testing has been either.

Bathel

Super Boxer
You can certainly register white boxers. Technically you shouldn't because a white boxers shouldn't be bred and can't be shown in conformation, since they don't meet the standard.

Personally, I would never buy a pup from a white parent. The breeder is obviously just a back yard breeder that doesn't care whether her dogs meet the standard or not. White boxer should never be bred! Chances are that none of the necessary health testing has been either.

Exactly...

gulfcoastguy

Super Boxer
White boxers can get a limited registration. That means that they cannot be shown in conformation. I rejected a breeder because one of her females was white.