1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lupus - anyone any experience with it in their boxer?

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by luvmybxrs, May 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvmybxrs

luvmybxrs Boxer Buddy

My boy, he's brindle and almost 7 years old, he has the dry crusty nose and the almost ulcerated looking skin on the front of the nose, his Dr thinks it's Lupus. We're going to start doing extra fish oil, aswell as nupro, i'm thinking about adding in vit E also, and maybe C. his Dr said we could do panalog (tri antibitotic ointment w/ Triamcinolone a steroid) for the lesions on the nose, i'm going to try the supplements first of course before i go drug route. Also he had a history before of the severe pododermatitis and hyperkeratinization of his foot pads, even tho this has since resolved.

I just wondered if anyone had any experience with Lupus in their boxer baby and what kind of things worked for them. He is at a good body weight and eats honest kitchen. :)

2. Lisa H

Lisa H Completely Boxer Crazy

No history with Lupus but Justice also had a crusted nose and they attributed it to her thyroid. That is the 1st reason that they suspected thyroid issues and they were correct. After being put on thyroid meds it went away. It came back a few years later but not nearly as bad. Just an idea. Good luck.

3. luvmybxrs

luvmybxrs Boxer Buddy

i wish it were thyroid - would be an easier fix! :) he just had labwork with a normal thyroid about a month ago and this issue has been going on longer than that. Normal lab work 6 months ago too. i run a chem, cbc and thyroid every 6 mo on him. i could repeat his expanded thyroid panel, the one we send to michigan state university i guess, that would be an idea. he had it once when he was about 3/4. normal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.