Lost Boxer

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsner

Boxer Pal
Hi, I lost my boxer . She has been staying at a friends house for a week, and she got out. I am terrified. It was 2 nights ago, so its been 40 hours. I am petrified. She is 1 year old and 2 months. She is extremely friendly, and very active. I think she could have gone very far. I live in indianapolis, indiana. I have put flyers at gas stations, stores. I also have put flyers in mailboxes, ad in newspaper, and ad on craigslist. I am not sure what else to do. I have gone out for 2 straight days looking and yelling her name. I think someone might haave taken her in. She is my best friend and this is absolutely killing me. I have never had a relationship with an animal like I have with her. Can anyone give me any ideas of what else I can do? Thanks!!!!!!!

Holden's Mom

Boxer Insane
Make sure you check Animal Control and all local shelters including shelters in surrounding counties. Also, ask children at bus stops to be looking for your girl. I hope she returns home soon.

Pam and Autry

Roge

Boxer Insane
I really feel for you it must be just awfull not knowing where she is. I hope you find her soon.

EAO76

Boxer Insane
OH NO! Did she have tags or a microchip? I agree with the suggestion of talking to kids. They always seem to know whats going on. Also, as horrible as it is, ask the local animal control about dogs that have been found deceased (hit by car) because as awful as that would be at least you would know. Here are two fabulous websites that give a lot of good tips on finding a lost dog. Don't give up and keep us posted!

Home | Missing Pet Partnership
Lost Dog Search provides information on searching for lost dog, creating flyers, trapping, and lost dog prevention.

djheitz

Boxer Insane
There is a service called Find Toto that will place calls within a certain radius of where she was last seen. They claim a pretty high recovery rate (around 80% if I'm remembering correctly).

Cami

Boxer Insane
Put a LARGE poster in your friends yard with a LARGE picture of your dog on it. When I say large I mean huge as in no one driving on their street will miss it. This lets people know where a missing dog lives (or was staying in this case).
Don't just call shelters you have to GO to them and look for yourself. The people answering the phones are not equipped to know what dogs are coming in. You have to check the shelters on a daily basis, sometimes morning and night for as long as it takes.
Call vets in the area. If a good samaritan found her they may take her to a vet to see if she has a microchip.
Put up more fliers with a picture than you think is necessary. The more often people see them on street corners, etc... the more apt they are to remember her if they see her in the days to come.
I don't know how far your friend lives from you but I'd be checking any routes that get you from point A to point B. Animals have an uncanny ability to find their way home or at least to a familiar area.
I pray you find her soon.

Sansal

Boxer Insane
Don't have any additional advice, just wanted to say good luck and I hope you get her back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.