Look what I found....

Status
Not open for further replies.

alyssakitz

Super Boxer
stray_girl.jpg picture by alyssakitz - Photobucket

Isn't she precious??!! She's got the sweetest little boxer face, but is mixed with something shorter and thicker. She was running in the street this morning when I was dropping my daughter off at my in laws house. Last week I saw some "lost boxer" signs but they have all since been taken down. I checked the paper, craiglist and the shelter site and no one has reported her missing. She looks good - her nails are clipped, ears and eyes are clear, etc. plus she's got some training as she sits nicely when you ask her to and takes treats gently. I'm hoping there's some good explanation for her running the streets with no collar on, because if not then her owners certainly don't deserve her!

Unfortunately, I did have to call the shelter to come and get her. I had both my dogs in the car and no where to keep her while I search for her owners. I thought about it and decided if it were my dog who was missing that's the first place I'd look, so probably best to have her go there, even though it's not the happiest place. We don't have issues wih overcrowding in this area, so she should be good for a while. I'm going to keep an eye on the shelter website though, as if she is not claimed I might just have to bring her home and foster her. What a doll!

RoxiesEcho

Boxer Insane
She certainly is a cutie! I hope you find her owners and that there is a good reason why she was running loose. They are quite the handful at that age!

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
What a cute little thing! I hope her family finds her soon. I know Arabella got out when she was about that small. She found a way to get thru the gate. I was gardening and didn't even notice her escape. Once I realized she wasn't running around behind me it took what seemed like forever to find her, but was really only about 5 mins. Thankfully she came when called.

Cami

Boxer Insane
Try posting FOUND DOG signs in the area where you picked her up.
Have them describe what type of dog they lost. Hopefully you can get them to the shelter before.......whatever happens to her!
Most keep dogs for 72 hours before putting up for adoption.

alyssakitz

Super Boxer
Try posting FOUND DOG signs in the area where you picked her up.
Have them describe what type of dog they lost. Hopefully you can get them to the shelter before.......whatever happens to her!
Most keep dogs for 72 hours before putting up for adoption.

I might just do that. I put a found dog posting on Craigslist. I put a very breif description, just that she's a Boxer-mix and to call me to describe her. My Mother in Law runs a home daycare and one of the moms works at the no-kill shelter that's right next door to the pound. She's going to ask her to keep an eye on this sweet girl. I feel so bad that she went to the shelter, but I also think that's her best hope of finding her people. I will definitely not let her stay there too long... she's way too sweet for that. Our shelter hold for, I believe, 5 days before they are put up for adoption. no the most ideal environment, but at least she won't be at risk for getting run over either.

alyssakitz

Super Boxer
Well... her owners put a flyer up for her. It makes me mad because I know this is the second time in a week this particular pup has gotten out. There was a big male Dobie running the street yesterday as well and apparently that was their dog too - I couldn't catch him but the Animal Services officer did. I called the # on the flyer and told them their dogs were at Animal Services. It's going to cost them at least $130 to get them out. If they end up not getting her out I am definitely considering adopting her. Why do people not put collars and tags on their dogs??!! I would be more understanding, but this is the second time she's gotten out with no tag or collar. UUGH!

sargboxerluv

Completely Boxer Crazy
I dont put a collar and tags on my dog. She is crated during the day and I don't want it to get stuck on the sides of the crate and strangle her. And when I walk her I use a harness. So I have no use for a collar.

kathysboxer

Boxer Insane
Hope she is doing well. I am also one of those people who don't put collars on them when out in the yard. I am always out there with them though.
I remember a while back, some posted on here about one of the dogs having a very bad experience playing with the other dog and almost getting strangled. Since then, they don't have their collars on.
If we go anywhere with them, it's full dress. Collars and harness, leash in hand.

Keep us posted on her!!

alyssakitz

Super Boxer
Sorry - I wasn't trying to get on anyone about the collars - just frustrated that this sweet girl managed to get out twice with no way to find her owners and now she's sitting at the shelter when it all could have been avoided had she had tags on.

So if your dogs aren't collared are they microchipped? My Zoe is and I plan to have Marshall chipped when he gets fixed next month. I always worry when I leave them home alone that they'll get caught on something, but how else do you get your babies returned if they get out? I love them so much and the idea of them spending even a minute in the pound because no one knew who they belonged to or worse yet, someone finding them and not returning them to me because they had no identification really upsets me. I would be devestated and so would they.

samsons

Boxer Insane
makes ya think ......

sam has a rash & scratches on his neck. getting washed and sprayed a cpl times a day. collar is off. When we take the kids out , we walk out the upper deck down a flight of stairs and then into the fenced yard. the kids wait at the top , when i get to the bottom i call them , and they run right to the gate to go into the back yard. We always stay out with them when outside ect.

the point of this story is , when walking out the door this morning , i looked at sams collar hanging on the leash hook , and slipped it back on him ! and then we went out... there is that 5 feet that they are only under voice control, WHAT IF ......

Status
Not open for further replies.