1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lay flat natural ears...

Discussion in 'Showing - questions and answers' started by rsjenni, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsjenni

rsjenni Super Boxer

Figured this is one of the better boards to post this on since I believe the European show dogs sometimes have natural ears...right?

How do you "train" them to lay flat? Taping? Massage? Or is it luck?

We tried the taping with our sweet Austin and had half/half success lol. Did nothing with our Morgan and same result.

New pup is about 11.5 weeks and I don't want to miss my window before the cartilage firms up. He is beautiful and our breeder believed him to be show quality just maybe not their show quality (not that we plan on showing him) but would love for him to "look his best"

2. rsjenni

rsjenni Super Boxer

I see the below posts oops

3. Linda/NJ

Linda/NJ Boxer Insane

Hi! We don't show our boxer but we wanted her to have perfect ears. We were told to massage them and slightly pull them down when she was a pup. It worked for us and her ears lay flat, but I will say they are longer than our previous boxer's ears, whose ears never laid flat. I also think it is luck too.

Here is picture of Lily:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.