Lady lost in Cape May, NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

djheitz

Boxer Insane
Lady was just adopted into a new home this week and managed to escape this morning. She's a boxer-mix, very sweet, and will come when called. If you see her, please let me know and I'll figure out how to put you in touch with her family. There is a posting with pictures on Craig's list already and we should have something up on our website shortly. I'm at work, and can't access Photobucket to post a pic, but here's her AABR page -

AABR Boxer

edit - The post is up on our home page -
http://www.adoptaboxerrescue.com/

Last edited:

LILYLARUE

Boxer Insane
I forwarded to my addy book friends...hopefully she will be found very soon!

Hey, Debbie, on your page where she is listed as lost, there is a picture of a boxer/mix boy......he looks just like my foster Smiley!!! Who is that guy? one of your adoptables or an error in pic posting.

Amazingly like Smiley! It's uncanny!

djheitz

Boxer Insane
That would be Sam, the family's other dog. I saw that, too, and sent a message in to our site admin. Sam is losing his eyesight, which is the main reason they decided to adopt another dog (to give him someone to depend on when his sight is gone).

Lady was last sighted a couple of hours ago not far from their house. I think I must have ten internet sessions open right now trying to see if there are any updates.

djheitz

Boxer Insane
Found!

I took a ride down to N Cape May this afternoon with another of our volunteers and within an hour or so, we found her! I'm thrilled beyond belief. And greatly relieved :)

djheitz

Boxer Insane
Lady got out twice more today. Apparently she has learned how to work the deadbolt. The home is no longer comfortable keeping her and is returning Lady to rescue...I went from euphoric to completely depressed in less than 24 hours.

samsons

Boxer Insane
so so sorry it didnt work out .. :(

BUT she is not lost and back with loving ppl ... maybe next home should employ " chains " on the doors ?? ( these guys are way way to smart )

BUT still glad she is back safe !

keep us posted ~~

djheitz

Boxer Insane
Safe, sound and in what we hope will be a foster-to-adopt home :) A family that was interested in her a couple of months back, but then had to put their app on hold, took Lady in yesterday.

Yesterday was a tough day. The home Lady kept escaping from decided they were bringing her back whether we had some place for her to go or not. Can you think of anything worse for a dog who hates to be confined than to end up in a kennel? We had volunteers scrambling all day trying to figure out what to do...and at the same time we were also trying to find a temp foster for a ten year old boy in a desperate shelter situation. Both are safe and today has been amazingly quiet (knock on wood).

Status
Not open for further replies.