1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

kiss, kiss, kisss....

Discussion in 'Boxers & Children' started by sandy's mom, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandy's mom

sandy's mom Boxer Insane

My Bella LOVES my two year old granddaughter, maybe a little too much.
    She is gentle with her, and plays well, but, she wants to kiss her in the face constantly. We of course, tell her no and pull her away, but she goes right back. Does anyone know how to teach her not to do this.

2. johann

johann Boxer Insane

Cover your granddaughter in bitter apple? We joked about doing that with our toddler when he was a newborn so Johann would leave him alone. :LOL:

Does she have a good "leave it"? If so, I'd use it any time she looked like she was about to lick and then give a nice treat/reward. If not, work on teaching her one.

Honestly, I think the novelty wore off after a while with my son and now Johann (mostly) leaves him alone.

3. LoveMyLoki

LoveMyLoki Boxer Buddy

Leave it is definitely going to be the best way to handle this.
    Below is a link to a video.
    the BEST way i found to teach it, and if you have the time you can have same day results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asVQYYSWPJc

4. TysonCheeto

TysonCheeto Completely Boxer Crazy

Our boxer is still pretty young, 15 weeks, and although our youngest child is 4, i watch my neice most weekdays. Every week. She was 14 months old when Tyson became a member of our family. He too loved to lick her in the face and i guess because she was near his height level he was soooo interested in her. He would bowl that poor child over every day. Shes small anyway and he rapidly outgrew her size. But i stayed on Tyson EVERY time he didnt play easy with her. I would say "ahhht!" And take him to one of his beds in the corner, and i stayed super consistant with that . I can proudly say that at any given time he becomes too rough with her i say "ahhht!" And he heads to his bed for "time out" haha . But with that said, tyson loves and respects that little girl. He waits at the window for her and is by her side most of the day. Their best buds :) and im so thankful my neice is with me during this whole puppy stage because Tyson has learned how to behave with young children, so you have an awesome tool having a little one around as a great teaching tool! He respects her and loves to be with her!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.