It Just Keeps Getting Better and Better !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faughtey

Banned
Maggie and Susie being so welcoming to the stray in the yard is wonderful! Not many dogs feel that secure, that they would not consider it to be a threat. What good girls they are :)

jades momma

Boxer Pal
You're story is definetly encouraging!! Jade is a great dog, but not quite at that point yet. If someone was in our yard, she'd be chasing after them in a second. And she definetly likes to torment the neighbors cat! She has gotten better with age, her mom was the same way, she didn't chill out until she was about 5 yrs old.
Thanks for sharing!
Colby, Jami and Jade

sashamom

Boxer Insane
OH MY!! Congratulations!! I cannot even imagine! Right now we are still working with one year old Sasha at not jumping on people.....she tries SO HARD....but she wiggles so much when trying not to jump...she tinkles a bit sometimes...its a 'no win' situation!! LOL....
You are my hero Tulsa-Dan!!
Sasha, Telmar and Lisa

Mama_Zookeeper

Boxer Insane
Love that post!...makes me look forward to the day when this little 8 month old brat will be more in control! He is doing wonderful so far. We moved into our new house and he has charmed two of our neighbors who were pretty wary due to his size (they own cocker spaniels and a schnauzer) and even asked me who we trained him with. I loved being able to tell them that it is just myself and my husband. The cocker spaniels owner wants help on keeping his dogs from running away! Give Maggie & Susie lots of hugs and kisses from me! Good job girls!!

Dora & the Zoo Crew

jaimie

Boxer Insane
Oh, Dan I love hearing your stories! Your girls are GREAT! I think Brandy needs to come visit you for a little bit. She listens but she has what my kids have selective hearing. LOL!

Jaimie

jray

Boxer Insane
Congratulation Dan, Maggie, and Susie! I got a little choked up there at the end! It's wonderful when you talk to your babies and they listen and you think OMG they get it! Like Christina said there maybe a secret plan they are cooking up!!! Keep your ears and eyes open!!!

Jenny & Oskar

marciafinn

Boxer Insane
I love to hear these uplifting stories! :) We all know you work hard with your girls and it shows - you are beaming! Mason (3 1/2) is getting to this point soon too but we still have our 'off' days. I thought he had made it and just as soon as that thought crossed my mind, Mason had a bad day and didn't want to listen at all. Thanks for sharing! BTW, Maggie & Susie aren't just smart, they're beautiful!
Marcia & Mason

Dan--great post and great story! It sounds like your girls are just the best :) I feel the same way about Toffee.... she is a perfect angel. She is so well behaved, and she just wants me to be happy with her. She's never gotten in trouble, even as a puppy, but I think you're right that the maturity makes a difference. I noticed the biggest change with Tof in the last year (she just turned 4).

GillianF

Boxer Booster
Dan, your girls sound marvellous and made me quite jealous especially after I had to hike through pastures searching for Ttakas yesterday. Can I ship him to you for training! He will be 7 on May 9th and still escapes at the first chance he gets... his sister, Bronte, on the other hand stays close and only runs after him a short distance before she stops and comes back. Our previous boy, Chester, was so good at walking off-leash - we've done nothing different in training these two, but Ttakas is an escape artist - very frustrating!

Are you telling me life will not always be this way? With my two, one is 1.5 years and one is 7 months, I sometimes wonder how I'm making it. And sometimes, feel like I'm going to run away from home! I'ts so much. And they are so hard headed sometimes. Well, most of the time. My oldest is getting better, but the youngest is causing a relaps in his better judgement.
:rolleyes:

But thank you for giving me hope. I've always heard at one year you want to strangle them, at 3 years you just love 'em, and at 5 years you can't live without 'em. I'm keeping the hope. For now, I'm staying strong!

Status
Not open for further replies.