1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Indestructable Toys?

Discussion in 'The Boxer Ring' started by bobzilla, Mar 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobzilla

bobzilla Boxer Buddy

My java is a chewer. And a "rip apart-er"!

She loves her nylabones, marrow bones and Kong toys. But, those are the only toys she hasn't pulled apart or dissected. I'd like to get her something different, but it needs to be pretty indestructible.

She's eaten three iPhone chargers (two yesterday), destroyed a mattress, various pillows (she seems to like foam!) and most of her toys.

Now, some of those were when she was a puppy, so we just neglected to watch her properly, but some she gets to so quickly, you blink and she chewed up something!

So...any toy ideas??

Thanks!

Bob

2. gulfcoastguy

gulfcoastguy Super Boxer

Antlers or cow hooves maybe? Some say Kongs but my Trudy ignored them.

As to chewing one day I came home and found her chewing on the iPod earbuds. She had taken the iPod out and left it in a 5 inch rain storm. Add 2 pays of dress leather shoes, 2 pairs of Bolle sun glasses, and she killed her enemy the vacuum cleaner by biting the plug off of it's power cord.

3. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

In my house antlers go over well. So does a bull horn. We also found toys made by JW Pet, the makers of the Cuz toys, hold up well. I even have a couple of them from when Arabella was a puppy. (She turned 7 last December. ) Just be sure to check the sound of the squeaker before buying. Some have a pitch that can be mind piercing.

4. bobzilla

bobzilla Boxer Buddy

That's funny. We had a ball left over from our Maltese and Java gets a hold of that and it had an ear bleeding squeak!

Luckily she chewed it up and we had to throw it out...

Bob

5. sjtorr

sjtorr Boxer Booster

What about some of the no stuff toys? Kong has a few things apart from the kong... Lexi loves her wubba and it lasts about six months.
    I second antlers though. Without that we would be lost.

6. Jokersgirl

Jokersgirl Boxer Pal

Joker's two favorite toys are his Kong wobble toy and his basketball, just a plain old basketball! It took him about probably 8 months to destroy the basketball. The kong is still intact!

7. Sansal

Sansal Boxer Insane

We have several of those and they really hold up well. Happy and Sky are both strong chewers but haven't able to destroy any of those yet. The pig is a big favorite.

Amazon.com: tuffy dog toys

8. bobzilla

bobzilla Boxer Buddy

Thanks, gang. I will check these out.

Java just tore a hole in a comforter tonight! White fluffy stuff everywhere! Oy...

Bob

9. anglian

anglian Boxer Pal

Kaisers favourite toys are balls.
    Not little tennis balls, he likes bigger sized ones he can play football with. After he got through 2 footballs and a basketball in 3 days and then advanced to popping a ball in literally seconds we trailed the net looking for someth7ng.
    Came across a product called an indestruct-a-ball. Its brilliant. No chance of popping and hours of endless football fun.

10. TysonCheeto

TysonCheeto Completely Boxer Crazy

Its been funny reading these. Arabella is a destroyer too. Funny enough as of yet she's pretty good to her toys...its our stuff she's not so nice to! Nice to know there are some good options out there if she ever turns on her own things lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.