I can hear Max barking from the Rainbow Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowen

Boxer Buddy
Max died today. Lepto got him. It was real fast. Just a matter of three days. He died in the vet's clinic. Man, it hurts and hurts deep. But for all the hurt, it's still worth it. If one cannot feel so much hurt for a friend like a pet, then that would mean one wasn't loved by one. See you around, Max.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I am so sorry for your loss! :( The pain will eventually fade, but the happy memories will remain forever. Max is now running pain free and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge.

Godspeed Max!
angeliconangeliconangelicon

TysonCheeto

Completely Boxer Crazy
I too am so very very sorry. I think of my boy every single day, nothing can replace that place in your heart where they will live forever. I agree with you, as painful as it is, I would rather have loved him for that period of time and feel the hurt of the loss then never to have known his love and friendship. As it has been said before run free sweetheart. I'm so sorry for your hurt.

Gunther

Super Boxer
Sorry for your loss, guess I'm a November widower also. That is a tough way to lose a pet, you take them in...and they don't come home. Sorry to put that in print and I know it probably makes you cry. But I have a point.

Sometimes they know there time is done...and they try and make the decision, to go easier for you by taking it out of your hands!

Dark times right now but it will get betterI think one of the ironies of losing a beloved Boxer is that one of the best ways to fill a void in your hearts is with.. a Boxer!

When the time is right... you can find another fur baby. You can't replace him but you can fill the void when the time is right and be happy again!

bowen

Boxer Buddy
The thing I miss the most about him was his company after a long day at work. He wasn't like other dogs that would always play and play to no end. He was playful though if he can sense that am in a playful mood. But if I was tired and just want to finish my after-dinner beer by the porch, he just sit by me on the stairs by the porch, sitting silently leaning his weight on my leg. Just there, silent company which would wag his tail stub as an acknowledgment if pat his back, cough or burp. I always reward him with a dose of belly-rub though. He truly can read my moods and acted accordingly. My girlfriend miss him too. She always laughed and cheered for Max every time he'd do a rough play-wrestling with the other dog which I pet-sit once in awhile. I guess we're one those who created a special bond with a pet that most people would seek to establish but few ever achieve. Thanks, Max.

Gunther

Super Boxer
I know it hurts and you know you can never replace him. :( I have a friend that lost his two Rotties 12 years ago and said he can't go through that again!

I still suffer today from losing my boxer mix, more heart break followed with a Provo laden brindle Boxer Hidie who only lasted two short weeks.:( Then I found Struddell who passed last month! :(

I was clinicaly depressed following Stewie and then Hidie on top of the first loss, Hidie was suppose to help ..but that did not work out so well! (two in a year)

Then I finally got Struddell and she filled the hole in my heart! I just find it ironic that one of the best ways to heal from losing a Boxer is to get a Boxer!

I just can't imagine life without one! And if the thought of looking at the same color is to much to bare you can get another in a diffrent color. Stewie was a Fawn mix so not very Boxer looking but he had there personality and the same eyes. I would cry when I saw that Fawn color so I went with a white. Same smile,
same eyes, same zest for life you just can't be sad with a new boxer in the house!

So I know it's to soon just yet and you deeply miss your buddy but do you want to live the rest of your life without a Boxer buddy? Just a thought. Take Care

Last edited:

bowen

Boxer Buddy
Whoa!!! That definitely hurts, man. That many friends to lose in so short a time. And you're right, I am definitely thinking of getting another one and I am considering of getting from the same dam. My girlfriend and I were thinking that if we should get another, we will be getting his brother or sister (not exactly from the same litter, sadly). At least, somehow, we can still see Max in another dog. And I hope he'll/she'll be like Max...though impossible as it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.