Horrible GAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljnash

Boxer Insane
Originally posted by Tojosmom
Joe is the only boxer we've ever had who didn't have gas; we attributed it to his longer nose.

:D Samantha will disprove your theory! She used to have horrible gas!

I switched my two to California Natural, and they only occasionally get mild gas, but not like it was before!! Whew!

Lenore

Trish727

Completely Boxer Crazy
You guys are soooo funny. :p
I agree with yogurt it does work. And just lately I have switched Domino's treats to wellness treats and he has gas but they are not stinky anymore. Don't get me wrong you can hear tooting from next store but they run you out of the house :D . Good luck!

Tugga's Mom

Boxer Booster
Just wanted to add that any kind of chicken flavor will contribute to the stinkyness of the gas. Its best to stay with beef or lamb.

Cindy Creel

Boxer Insane
I feed Royal Canine Natural Blend with
Blackwood low fat. I put a big glob of plain low fat yogurt on top of food amd moisten kibble with tap water. No Gas.

Cindy

boxerpat

Super Boxer
I swear, this is the truth! Sophie eats Eagle Pack Holistic and also their snack bisquits (half of one at a time, they are very expensive) and she has no gas. When we first brought her home she was on Iams Puppy and had gas. Once we changed her over...no gas. Every once in awhile she do a "putter" and it scares her, she will jump and look around at her butt like it bit her or something. Our daughter when visiting will give her people food as Sophie will die for it and Carrie cannot resist. For a day or so after that....we have a few putters. Hubby and I giver her no peeps food with the exception of some cheese now and then.:rolleyes:

KELLY W

Super Boxer
Muggsey has been horrible lately!! I swear he will let 'em rip once every two minutes the past couple days. His diet hasn't changed. We feed him Canidae kibble mixed with Wellness wet and we give him the Canidae snap biscuits as treats. The other night hubby and I laid in bed and laughed for like 1/2 hour because every few seconds, Muggsey would poot and he was sleeping the whole time!! I will try the yogart.

bikerchic

Boxer Buddy
The other night hubby and I laid in bed and laughed for like 1/2 hour because every few seconds, Muggsey would poot and he was sleeping the whole time!!

Ozric does the same thing. The frequency and sometimes the length amazes me, but not as much as the smell.

I'll definitely be trying the yogurt. I know yogurts good for sick dogs - we were told by the vet to give it to our parvo/distemper pup - but I wasn't aware of the gas benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.