Help With JavaScript

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boxer_21

Boxer Insane
I've had a website up for the past several years about whale watching and I decided to try to rework it for the upcoming season. I wanted to have my navigation menu up at towards the top instead along the left side. I did some search and found a really neat menu bar that I'd like to use. It's JavaScript and after I did up several pages using this script I found out about JavaScript not being compatible with certain browsers which worries me. I do get quite a few hits to my site and I want to make sure everyone sees what I see when they go to my site.

Does anyone know much about using JavaScript and which browsers won't work with it?

Also, could I bother you to test it on your browser to see if it works for you? When you click on one of the menus a pull down list of links (which will lead you to the current version of my site as I have only uploaded test pages so far). Could you please share what browser you're using if it DOESN'T work?

Here are the test links...
http://www.whalesightings.com/test/species.html
http://www.whalesightings.com/test/sightings.html

One last thing. Since I'm using JavaScript for the menu bar, would it be possible to also use another JavaScript based script for my photos? I tried getting Lightbox to work on my site, but it seems to have disabled my menus. I'm wondering if the scripts were clashing with each other?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I use Firefox and I also have Java. Most of the links seem to work just fine, but there are a few that don't, like the Site Map. Maybe it's just not done yet??

Boxer_21

Boxer Insane
Thanks for checking it out Jan. I'm glad to hear it worked well. I thought I put in all that work for nothing. :(

There are some new pages that I'm putting up this year and the site map is one of them. Any "dead" links should be fixed when the new site goes online.

boxmom

Boxer Insane
I checked out your site with Internet Explorer on a Vista o.s. Everything seemed to work great (and looked great too). I have a couple of websites but I built them with Website Tonight by godaddy, and really have little knowledge about how they work. Good luck with your whale watching this season!

Status
Not open for further replies.