Help us with an official AKC Name for our new Pup - Rocky!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirdancealot

Boxer Pal
Great news! We found our dream dog! He is a flashy fawn and we a really excited about him.

Basically, the call name we've decided on is "Rocky", however we need help deciding on the AKC name for him. We would like to incorporate the name "Rocky". PS- The Sires name is "Sir William Taylor", and the dam is "Dixie Belle". What we are interested in is something fun sounding! Nothing that is very serious, etc. We've come up with
Sir William's Rock'n Around The Christmas Tree
Sir William's Rock Me Amedeous

We were trying to think of something that would contain "Rockstar" or "Rockin" but decided to turn to the Boxer Boards! Any suggestions? Let your creative juices flow!

Picture of Rocky -

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
OMG!!! What a stinkin' cute little boy!

I noticed the other names had Sir William's so why not just do Sir William's Rockstar, or Dixie Bill's Rockstar. (Bill being short for William)

Last edited:

Kisaq

Super Boxer
What about Rockin' Sir William Belle (William Bell was a soul singer and song writer back in the 60s - a lot of his songs were made famous by other people: "Born under a Bad Sign" being one of them).

Or
Rock Me Sir William Belle

sirdancealot

Boxer Pal
OMG!!! What a stinkin' cute little boy!

I noticed the other names had Sir William's so why not just do Sir William's Rockstar, or Dixie Bill's Rockstar. (Bill being short for William)

Haha, Rocky thanks you for your most gracious compliment! ;) We like Sir William's Rockstar. It's simple, works great and suits well! Thanks so much for your suggestion!!! Very cool! Honored to have your response as I see. . . you've been around on the boards for a while. hehe

We're going to be deciding over the next 3 weeks so keep 'em comin to anyone else reading!!

sirdancealot

Boxer Pal
What about Rockin' Sir William Belle (William Bell was a soul singer and song writer back in the 60s - a lot of his songs were made famous by other people: "Born under a Bad Sign" being one of them).

Or
Rock Me Sir William Belle

WOW! You put a lot of thought into that name! I'm heading to bed now but I gotta look up "William Belle" tomorrow and research him. Soul singer? Gotta sample some of the music too! Your name double rocks than, technically. LoL

Or if you want to keep the Christmas theme, what about Sir Jingle Belle Rock!

Well, we will be officially picking up Rocky on December 14th. So, it will be during Christmas time. We could go with the season time when Rocky first adopted us. ;)

Interesting story actually. . . December 14th is our daughter Taylors birthday. So even though Rocky will hopefully choose us all we are letting him give himself to Taylor on her birthday. It is going to be a complete surprise. Taylor talks about how much she wants a dog almost every single day. So we're gonna try to get a big box and cut off the bottom to another big box and wrap them in B'day paper. The lid will be removable in one gentle tug. We'll weight the bottom of the box down with something Rocky can't stub hurt his feet on and put him in the second before Taylor walks in the house with one of us. Even if Rocky stays in the box for 3 seconds before "bursting out" that'll be enough time to get the surprise effect. I'm gonna video it because I hope it'll be one of those dream moments every kid dreams of. Anyway, rant is over. But that's how Rocky will be making his first appearance in our home. :)

Kisaq

Super Boxer
I don't want to put too much of a damper on your party ideas... but be careful you don't overwhelm little puppy with too much hubbub all at once. A screeching happy child isn't always something a puppy can recognize as a complement, if you know what I mean. :)

It might just freak him out. And being in an enclosed box probably isn't going to make him happy either, even if it's for 20 seconds. Those kinds of things don't just happen, like in the movies. Those movie dogs have had training to deal with the situation. It's been practiced over and over with treats and praise... and then the puppy gets to go to its safe place to rest.

But, I'm happy for you that you've found your dream puppy... but you may want to google up "before you get your puppy" or "introducing your puppy to its new home" type topics. Maybe talk to your breeder about the best way to introduce him to your home. Your breeder will know the genetic propensity, social experience, and temperament of the puppy you choose, better than anyone. Good luck.

Naming is lots of fun. But I usually find the puppy (or kitten) names itself when it gets there. :)

sirdancealot

Boxer Pal
I don't want to put too much of a damper on your party ideas... but be careful you don't overwhelm little puppy with too much hubbub all at once. A screeching happy child isn't always something a puppy can recognize as a complement, if you know what I mean. :)

It might just freak him out. And being in an enclosed box probably isn't going to make him happy either, even if it's for 20 seconds. Those kinds of things don't just happen, like in the movies. Those movie dogs have had training to deal with the situation. It's been practiced over and over with treats and praise... and then the puppy gets to go to its safe place to rest.

But, I'm happy for you that you've found your dream puppy... but you may want to google up "before you get your puppy" or "introducing your puppy to its new home" type topics. Maybe talk to your breeder about the best way to introduce him to your home. Your breeder will know the genetic propensity, social experience, and temperament of the puppy you choose, better than anyone. Good luck.

Naming is lots of fun. But I usually find the puppy (or kitten) names itself when it gets there. :)

Great info! Thanks very much for your thoughtful insight. I know that you are right about the box thing. It's this dreamy idea but the last thing I would want to do would be to bring Rocky into an environment and have it not be a gentle progressive experience that he is comfortable with. I'm thinking we should have one parent introduce him into his new home/environment slowly and when we believe he is looking more comfortable. . . Introduce a 6 year old to him. Hehe

Yeah, we want his name to be Rocky, however we have a few backups just incase it does not fit him. Like, Spaz. Heh

Status
Not open for further replies.