For those of you with 2 or more...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silverstar

Super Boxer
Originally posted by Chewy's Mom
I know just what you're talking about!
They don't exactly growl while doing this - it's more of a loud, funny, high-pitched whiney sound.

Exactly! :LOL: They crack me up. I tried to join in one time. They looked at me like I was crazy. :rolleyes:

NFBoxerMom

Super Boxer
Yep its a definite boxer trait. All 3 of mine engage in rough, boxing, mouthy play. It's too cute when they do the pretend biting thing! even our newly adopted miniature pinscher is getting in on the action...he's got little dog syndrome..thinks he's as big as they are LOL
The boxers seem to know that they can't play quite as rough with him but it's adorable to see them include him in their play sessions

Cheers,
Lori
Belle, Copper & Holly boxers

Rockylvr

Banned
Ours do that as well, most of the time when they are outside playing. We actually got in trouble for it. Someone saw all 4 of them doing it and called animal control saying I was fighting my dogs in my front yard. Luckily the officer knew me and she also had a boxer so she knew what was goin on. I love watching them.

fonda

Boxer Buddy
Oh yes mine do the mouth war too. It's so funny because never a mark or a yelp just loads of goobers on both. My female is the vocal one and she gets Winston down ( kind of like wrestling) and then makes the funniest noices chewing his throat. Winston loves it. Then both lay down together and cuddle. They get so loud they drown out the TV and if you turn it up they get louder. :LOL:

Silverstar

Super Boxer
Originally posted by fonda
My female is the vocal one and she gets Winston down ( kind of like wrestling) and then makes the funniest noices chewing his throat.

At first this freaked me out, but I soon realized after "the look" they gave me of "what?". That they were just playing. Mailani is also very vocal. I compare them with wrestling, Ikaika just yesterday looked as if he had her in a head lock.

I have to admit :( I egg them on. I say "Get him Lani, Get him" and she tries to get him down, then I say "Kaika, get her, get her, don't let her get you down" And back and forth. I tried to join in the wrestling once. All that happened is Lani licked me to death. So I try and butt out. smashicon

Kareng528

Boxer Buddy
My Casey and the neighbor's boxer Tramp do it all the time. Casey has started making a new noise while biting each other's faces. It is the strangest sound to come out of this big dog -- very high pitched and almost sounds like it could be a baby.

Evie&Adam

Boxer Insane
O man! We go through the mouth fighting several times a day!! They also bite each others hind legs & pull until they both fall over!! It's so much fun to watch!!

I just posted some pics in my gallery. When they play, they tear the cushions off the sofas!

vacaboxerfan

Boxer Pal
My boxers have all played rough like that.

The real "fun" started when we branched out of boxerdom and purchased an English Bulldog.

We were very used to boxers. We didn't know what we were getting ourselves into when the bullie came along. We had always envisioned bulldogs to be big, slow and calm dogs when compared to the boxer.

Not exactly true.

Our soon to be two year old bulldog rules the roost. He is just over 60 lbs and only 17 or tops 18 inches high at the withers. He is all head. mouth, jaw, shoulders and chest and extremely athlectic. Athlectic to the point of jumping in and out of our SUV, on and off beds, couches and even nimble enough to jump onto and balance on the arm of stuffed easy chairs.

He cannot keep up with the boxers for length of play. Rather he goes in devilish spurts. Charging madly head first into my male and then being boxed by left and right hooks from the boxer.

The two play fight so differently - my male boxers dodges and spars with his forefeet into the bullie's head. The bulldog just keeps charging headlong until he tires. They give us endless hours and days of amusement. Just seeing the pair makes me chuckle - one short, squat tough guy playing the boss accompanied by the taller, stronger, dumb guy side kick.

David

jjdubose

Boxer Pal
Mine do it too! Sometimes, they get so loud it scares me and I call it off but I know they are just playing. Roxy, my little girl, punches Teak, my boy, with her nose when she barks at him. She taunts him and then runs away waiting for him to chase her. It is so cute and she will do it for the longest time! Afterwards, they snuggle and she likes to groom him. Strange but cute!

Status
Not open for further replies.