Exercise in the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LennyVan

Boxer Pal
I have a two year old female and a one year old male that sometimes don't get a walk because my wife and I can be very busy with teaching or coaching. Does anyone have any good ideas for games or exercise in the house that won't be to crazy. We also have two children(5 and 2) that I would love for them to get involvled.
We do a lot of exercise on the weekends, hiking and playing with our good friends boxer, but there might be a day were we just cant seem to get outside.
Thanks for the help.

CrazyCharlie

Completely Boxer Crazy
Hey there! I understand your time restraints! With working and school and other things my pups don't get out every day either.

They really only have a few days a week that they don't really get enough engergy out, but when that happens we play tag around the couch with one of their favorite toys or fetch down the hall way. When its cold out the DH will take them outside more than I do (I'm a wuss) and throw the ball for them for a little while until his face is frozen hehe. :) But we have a good sized yard that makes that easy. Even in the dark.

As for games your human kids can play with your furry kids, usually fetch works pretty well as long as your dogs have an understanding of the kids being small and that they need to be gentle. My niece who just turned 4 plays fetch with Charlie really well and its always inside, but Charlie knows that he needs to be gentle around her and always has been since he was a puppy. Jersey does pretty well too, but has her moments when she rather ignore children and do her own thing.

johann

Boxer Insane
Fetch can work if they're willing to play inside.

Or hide and seek (your kids can hide, dog has to find them)....give lots of praise/cookies/play when they get found.

Hide cookies or treats in one room and have the dogs search for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.