Dog food brand/poop ratio!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cindy W.

Boxer Booster
Well...I have been wondering about this for quite some time. What brand of dog food= least amount of poop to clean up??? I have wondered about this for a long time, and have already made up my mind as to which food I am going to feed my new puppy and my big dogs. I wouldn't base my food choice on this factor, but...I am curious...Do some foods leave less yard clean up and less poop? I have heard that Bil Jac leaves the dog with very firm, easy to clean up stools? Hmmm...things that only Boxer lovers will enjoy discussing! hahaha:rolleyes: Will wait on the edge of my seat for your replies!!!

PS...things are going great with Bear! Will post some pics just as soon as I get them ready! Cindy W.

BooBoo & Riley

Completely Boxer Crazy
Cindy,
How much poop do you consider a lot? I feed BooBoo 2-1/2 cups of Innova a day along with veggies, home-cooked liver and pasta... and he poops about 3 times a day.

Cindy W.

Boxer Booster
Hmmm...

Well, I have never really been put on the spot about it, but, I think Parker usually poops 4-5 times a day, some days less, but never more than that. I thought twice a day would be about right. I hate yard clean-up! aaaarrrrgggghhh! Oh well...goes with the territory I guess :) Cindy W.

tanyaj77

Completely Boxer Crazy
I feed Boz 3 cups of Nutro a day, along with veggies once in a while. He usually poops 3 times a day but his poops are nice and firm and easy to clean up....especially if he has an "accident" in the house :eek:

Don't forget to factor in his metabolism, too - that has a big impact on how much/how often.

My experience with Bil-Jac is the opposite of what you've heard, though - 6-7 runny / soft poops a day. The ingredients list is a bit too heavy on 'ides' and 'ytes' for my comfort too. I now give one commercial meal of Wellness5 canned per day, and one raw meal. We are down to 2 very "easy to clean up" poops a day now. :)

Michelle F.

Boxer Booster
I have actually heard the same thing about Bill Jac stools being looser. Plus, my vet did not reccomend it because it is high in fat (like eating fast food daily)and she has seen lots of fat dogs on it (although our active boxers could probably burn it off!!).

Kosmo eats a holistic food (Royal Canin Natural Blend) and I was told that it is extremely digestable and therefore, less poop. I was told that if a dog ate a 10 lb. bag of Bill Jac, he would poop out 5-6 lbs and on this if he ate the same amount it would be about 2 lbs. of poop. All I know is that cleanup is really easy. I usually go around the yard every other day or so and the poop has dried somewhat chalky (not sure if that is the right word to describe) and picks up great--its like poop that has been sitting there for a week or two. The only ones that are still soft are the very freshest of the batch. Yum! LOL

As for the number of poops per day, we are still pooping alot as Kosmo is only a little guy (8 1/2 weeks)! Hope to decrease them as his system matures a bit!

What lovely conversation in the morning!:D

myrocky

Boxer Insane
I don't feed kibble Rocks is on a BARF diet. His poops are the greatest now! :D He goes about the same amout but there is less of it to pick up because in this diet there is no much waste. His stool amout looks like that of a small dog on kibble. Also the poop gets white and chalky almost by the end of the day. Clean up is a snap and the added bonus of it not smelling is awesome!! Also his pee is less acidic so the grass does not turn brown! ;)

boazdad

Banned
I'm glad someone asked this...
I've heard that a good Lamb and Rice formula produces the least waste. Is that true? The less waste the better:D I live in NYC so must clean up immediatley...ewwww.

Nedra's_momma

Completely Boxer Crazy
Originally posted by boazdad
The less waste the better:D I live in NYC so must clean up immediatley...ewwww.

I live downtown as well, so I know what you mean! Sandwich baggie in hand, here we go! LOL

I feed Wellness Super 5 Mix Lamb. N poops three times a day and they fit in sandwich baggies. Not too shabby if you ask me!

Status
Not open for further replies.