Docked tail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smackey

Boxer Buddy
So the background: I got Marvel from a woman who rescued him and his brother from the inside of a dumpster. When she got them out and took them inside her house, they both still had the rubber bands around their tails from where they are been docked. When I picked Marvel up from her, she had already taken the rubber bands off, and showed them to me and my husband. My heart sank. It was literally a rubber band we use in every day life, like the kind that goes around a roller up newspaper.

Marvel has a slight ring around his tail, where it was embedded so deep. When we got him to the vet, they examined his tail and have come to the conclusion, even consulted a second vet, and told us that it looked like someone had just tied it off and chopped it off with a knife, butter's knife, or something of the sort. It WAS NOT done by a professional! Now, Marvel's vet is keeping a close eye on his tail, wondering if he will have any neurological damage. When he is full grown, they want to x-ray it, to see where exactly it was docked. She is hoping it was between the vertebrae, but can't tell just by looking at it.

Sadly, his poor little tail is still scabbed over, with some hair missing at the little end nub. He does NOT let anyone but me touch his tail, and I think it is only because I am the one that puts the medicine on the end to try and get the scab to heal. You can touch around his butt and the base of his tail, but other than me, no one is to mess with the rest.

I am a little worried because of how he is with his tail, I am just hoping whoever decided to do this to this poor little pup, rots in hell for possibly causing him more pain than ever should have. I wouldn't have even cared if he was left with his tail, I would still love him. If someone wants a tail docked, go to a professional! There was no sense in someone possibly harming a little pup even more.

I honestly don't know what to expect. With how sensitive he is with his tail, I am just hoping that they got it in the right spot and he won't have any major problems with it.

x19er

Boxer Insane
Oh my word, poor wee souls, I hope Marvel does ok.

Here in the UK tail docking has been banned for while now hence we have a boxer with a long wagging tail and it's brill.

Smackey

Boxer Buddy
It is sad. I don't care one way or another if he has a docked tail or a long tail, but I really wish that whoever had him and his brother, and threw them away, would have thought how a home docking without a professional could have damaged them for the worse.

I couldn't tie off a dogs tail, hold them down, and then just whack it off with a knife they had laying around the area.

If they wanted it done, it should have been done by a professional so the chances of them having long term problems from it, were pretty much nonexistent.

x19er

Boxer Insane
The things people will do to animals beggers belief, thank goodness Marvel has a new loving home now appicon

RockTheBoxer

Super Boxer
I'm so sorry your little one had such a rough start in life. I hope he doesn't have any serious damage. It is beyond me how anyone can treat an animal like that. Thank you for rescuing him, loving him and giving him his forever home. He will love you to no end.

Smackey

Boxer Buddy
I don't know how anyone could do something like that. Being the one who doctor's his tail with the medicine, just by looking at it, it HAS to be painless. He was 8 weeks when we got him, he is now 17 weeks (a little over 4 months) and it still has yet to be healed completely.

I am trying my best to get his tail to heal and cause him as little pain as I can. I really do hope whoever did this horrible home docking to him rots. I have no patience or tolerance for ANYONE who causes unnecessary harm to any animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.