Docked tail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albert

Boxer Pal
I have a 3 month old boxer pup he is a male and a friend of mine gave him to me. So what happened is I got him with a docked tail and the person who docked it left it too long! Like at an awkward length and is there anything I can do or will he grow into it?

Jinnytee

Super Boxer
My girl came to me docked ... and I am so sorry that she was. I would have loved her to have kept her tail. I just checked out Kilo's photo, and I suppose his tail is a little longer length docking ,although not overly so ..... and I have seen lots of boxers with the same sort of tail. At Kilo's age I don't think that there is anything much that you can do .... to now re-dock would be a very painful procedure, and I doubt any vet would be willing to do this, if its just cosmetic.

On the plus side, I think that a tail is a valuable tool for communication with other dogs .... and I think that too short a stub kind of robs them of that voice. I would prefer for my dog to have that little bit more length to wag :)

Albert

Boxer Pal
Thank you

Oh well I thought the same when I got him but you're right thanks for the respond anyways!

Status
Not open for further replies.