Dallas-Ft.Worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

janesew

Boxer Pal
boxer bash

Haven't posted lately but still planning on attending. A girl that works at our local Petsmart has a boxer that does flyball that is gonna try to attend, so that may be 1 more.

Sounds like it's gonna be a lot of fun! Thanks lucas and all the others for getting it together!

See everyone soon!!

wolfwalker_3

Boxer Pal
we can't wait

Hi all this is Teri and Bendew in Texas , we are looking forward to meeting you all at the bash.so glad we did'nt miss itfiestaicon

jerril92

Boxer Pal
re: Boxer Bash in Plano

O.k. since I didn't post correctly the first time, let's try this again. Hey everyone, new here. My husband and I will be coming to the Bash this weekend. I have been corresponding with Susan about the event and we are excited to be meeting everyone. Our boxer boy, Nash, will absolutely love it and he really needs the socialization. Hope it is a great turnout. See you all soon.

Jerri Lynn
mom to: Nash, 3 y/o, brindle/flashy boxer
Polly, 11 y/o black Scottie rescue

bktuleymd

Boxer Pal
Hey! Hey! Hey!

Two more days and counting!!!!!! I can not wait!!!! My dogs need the socialization!!!!!beericon appicon appicon appicon appicon beericon

It is going to be a scorcher!!!!! I am bringing a picnic table tent along with my lawn chairs just in case shade is at a premium. The hot weather may be a blessing in disguise--it should wilt out any excess feistiness my dogs may have after our 3 hour car ride!!!!!caricon

I can not wait to meet you all!!!lovicon

wolfwalker_3

Boxer Pal
loved it lets do it again when it gets cooler

Hi all this is Teri and Bendew in Texas , we loved the plano get together. thanks to all thoes that came.what do yall think about doing it again when it cools off some ?that way our old girl can stay longer.let me know ok!smashicon

O

OpusandBill2004

Thanks to all attendees!

Guys,

Although shade was at a premium, Dani definitely enjoyed the playtime. fiestaicon She slept much of the afternoon away. I've got two pics added to my photo album (Click below), and will be adding the other six in the next couple of days. Looks like we'll try to do this again when it's cooler, say, October...

Cheers,

janesew

Boxer Pal
DFW bash

Hey guys! Had a great time at the dogpark and was so excited Dax did so well. I was a little concerned and ready to take him home if he was ugly.

I really enjoyed meeting everyone and their 4 legged family members. It is so neat to meet people as crazy about their boxers as I am mine. Sorry to leave so quickly after we walked to the cars, the heat was starting to get to my pregnant self.

It was nice to see how each had boxer personality traits yet all had differenences too. I believe Dax got called the class clown and Titus the Eddie Haskell.

For those that couldn't make it, I recommend the next one,( that we all decided would be a cooler month.)

Like I told JerriLynn, if anyone lives in the north Dallas, Plano, Richardson area and would like to get together in the evenings for quick excercise time, I'd be game.

crabapple

Boxer Pal
Had a great time! Buster was SO exhusted when i took him home to his family! I told his mommy about his new girlfriend Barclay!
His sister (b) is getting her stitches out tomorrow so she will be ready to meet yall out the park anytime after that!!
I had to stop at Petco to get her some toys because I felt very guilty for not bringing her.

Janese and Jeri Lynn>>> I will email you my phone number, I forgot to give it to yall on Saturday before we left.

Again it was so much fun to see such beautiful boxers and having them to play together!
Let's get together again soon!

bktuleymd

Boxer Pal
I missed you all! I am so sorry to have missed the fun!

The van overheated 45 minutes into my drive to Plano. Even though things cooled down and I added water to the radiator, I was a little nervous to continue the trip. Overheating at 8 am when the temperature is 84 degrees makes one think twice about the prospect of driving in 104 degrees later in the day. I also was afraid of arriving when everone else was leaving.

I can tell you..breaking down on the road is more enjoyable with three boxers than it is with human children. I did not have to listen to anything but dogs panting and an occasional bark and whine. For some strange reason (make it three cute and loveable reasons), I also felt very safe when talking to strangers who stopped to see if I needed help.:D

I would love to thank the person who suggested that we bring water for the dogs. You saved me because it went in my radiator along with keeping the dogs cool.

I have not figured out what I am going to do with all the liver treats I made. They are in the freezer now, but I do not want to keep them until October. Guess my dogs will get mighty fat with their "munchies"! I promise to do fresh liver treats for October.

Lucas

Boxer Pal
Great Time!

Barbara, I'm sorry things didn't work out. I think you made the right judgment call by not pursing the trip in that kind of heat. We'll definitely have to do it again so you can be included next time.

And in case you all didn't know, we had a great time at the bash. Titus, although shy at first, really opened up at the end and put on his party hat. At least he knows now why God made him small and sleek - so he can run up and down hills and through creeks to escape bigger dogs in hot pursuit. He was out for the count as soon as he laid down in the back seat. I think he's still hungover from all the fun.

I also enjoyed the bash just as much as Titus. It was good to finally put some faces to all the names (both human and K-9). I guess we've put together some type of ongoing reunion for all of us to get together on a periodic basis. I'll see you when the temperature becomes more managable (which could be in January knowing the Texas weather system). Everyone keep in touch.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.