1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Daddy says I have long legs

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by bxrbgood, Nov 15, 2019.

1. bxrbgood

bxrbgood Boxer Insane

Lily is 7 1/2. She is getting DM. Her back legs splay out when she's on a slippery floor. She can still walk but occasionally looses control. She has a little incontinence sometimes while she's laying or sleeping.
    Does anyone know of a regimen which will slow the progression of this damn disease?
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

I am so sorry that Lily has DM. It's a nasty disease. I don't know of anything that slows it down. Did your vet have any suggestions? I would put down carpet runners on the slippery floors. It will make it easier for her to get around.
    I am sending positive vibes your way. ----->>>>>

bxrbgood likes this.
  3. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

I am sorry about the DM diagnosis. It is heartbreaking to watch our pups decline. Arabella was having issues with the floors at my mom's house so I bought disposable self-adhesive paw pads. I didn't get a chance to use them, but they look well made. I got them off Amazon. They sell booties as well. Her is a screenshot of what I got. Screenshot_20191115-125219_Amazon.jpg

bxrbgood likes this.
  4. bxrbgood

bxrbgood Boxer Insane

Thank You both. Carpet runners were my thought too. Cindy doesn’t want them. We are going to get her some booties for her back feet. I might try those sticky pads too.