Computer Screen

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Grrrrr..... My computer screen seems to have died. It seemed to turn on like normal and then it just went black. :( I checked all the plugs There is a light on the back of the screen, which indicates that there is power to it, but there is no picture. I am wondering if I should try replacing the cord first, before replacing the screen?

Thinks always happen at the worst time. It a two hour trip to town and back and I'm not going to work today, so there is no way I want to make an extra trip. I also really don't want to spend the money on a new screen right now. I might just have to us my archaic laptop for a while. :( At least I got it working. :)

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I am hoping that is all it is. I am going to try and get a new one tomorrow.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
It's not the cord. It occured to me that I should try Graeme's moniitor. It worked fine with my cord. sadicon I guess I need a new monitor!

Jackle

Boxer Pal
Is this a laptop? If not then give this a try, unplug the monitor from the computer leaving the power cable connected. Turn on the monitor, you should see the monitor complete a self check. Basically it would say something regarding no connection or the monitor going to sleep (Depending on the model). If you do see anything on the screen other than a blank screen, it may not be the monitor that is causing the problem. The next item to troubleshoot would be your video card, this is the connection on the computer where you plug in the monitor. If you have a family or a friend close by, ask to borrow their monitor and connect it to your PC and see if you get a picture. If you don't get a pic then, I would replace the video card.