1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clarifying puppy feeding amounts

Discussion in 'Puppy Feeding' started by wiggle butt, Mar 20, 2016.

1. wiggle butt

wiggle butt Boxer Booster

I have an 11 week old puppy who seems to be hungry often. I feed him 3 times a day and am currently feeding him Canidae All Life Stages. I know this is a silly question..... but,
    when I feed him to I go by his current weight or his estimated adult weight (which is 1 1/2-2 vs 4-5 cps day)? I've been feeding him the puppy amount (up to 6 mos) based off his current weight of 20 lbs. Actually a bit more (around 3 cups), to be honest. But he's still always hungry. And I know boxers are suppose to be quite ribby, but sometimes I feel like I can see his top hip bones. Im probably over thinking it.

2. Gatorblu

Gatorblu Boxer Insane

You go by the current age and weight, and adjust from there. The chart is just a guideline and not a hard and fast rule. So if your puppy is not getting fat and is burning off the extra calories when feeding a little more keep feeding a little more. Plus Boxer pups grow fast! He will be in the next weight bracket before you know it! .