1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chief needs a new home

Discussion in 'Adoptions' started by ChiefC, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChiefC

ChiefC Banned

Dyer, IN (Northwest Indiana, Chicagoland)

5 y/o fawn male, intact Boxer needs a new home, asap! We have worked with him a great deal and he is a great dog, easily trainable. He has been with us since he was weened. Great with kids, adults and other dogs. He has been raised as an indoor dog, does not like the cold. He has separation anxiety until he adjusts to a new environment.

We have a very small house and are having a baby in just a few weeks. The problem is, we can't train the people that come to our house. His one bad habit is going crazy when people come to our house. It passes very quickly with those that understand dog behavior but we have those people here all the time that just don't get it. He is better when he is adequately exercised but I will not have the time/ability to exercise him while my husband is at work. His pent up energy around the baby is a concern. Since I have been on bed rest, we have seen a much more amped up Chief because of lack of exercise and I don't know when I will be able to regularly get him out.

We are contacting the local rescues, but are looking at all avenues and would really appreciate someone that could take him into their home and hearts!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  2. Jan

Jan Reasonable Moderator Staff Member

That is so sad that you are going to replace you boxer with a baby!

Boxers are wonderful with children. I think you husband needs to step up to the plate and make sure that Chief gets enough exercise. If he can't do that, you should be hiring a dog walker to walk him a couple of times a day. You could also take him to doggie day care a couple of times a week.

Getting rid of your dog is a irresponsible thing to do. You brought him into your home for his whole life. Not until he became a little inconvenient.

You won't get a lot of help here as there is no way to contact a potential adoptee. No emails or PM's are
    allowed. Sorry!

Sorry for being so harsh!

3. ChiefC

ChiefC Banned

Obviously you are not sorry for being so harsh. If we had tons of money to dish out, sure we would fork it over for dog walkers and day care, but we do not. Replacing our dog with a baby?? I guess we should have just gotten an abortion huh!! My husband stepping up??? You bet he needs too! Working and traveling to support his family and make sure we are provided for is just not enough!!! Forget this forum, you have no idea what our financial situation is but you sure are quick to criticize aren't you?? Bugger off!!! We'll find another avenue. But let me close with this, you are a sad human being. In no way, shape or form does a dog take more precedence than a child!!!

You had 9 months to train your dog and your guests.
    _ Olly

4. Kisaq

Kisaq Super Boxer

:(

And thus is the reason we need so many rescues out there...

Still intact no less...

:(

5. iluvfrankie

iluvfrankie Completely Boxer Crazy

Boxers can be a handful but with some consistent training im sure Chief 'going crazy' when someone calls over can be helped. A baby is a big change for all of you but give Chief a chance and dont rush into anything- as you said in your introduction- you have had him from a pup- he is part of the family.
    Look into the dog walking side of things and see how it goes- not all dog walkers are expensive. Boxers are great with kids and im sure Chief will be too.
    As for the working away- my husband is living and working in Saudi Arabia at the moment and Im managing fine. It can be done. No one is saying a dog takes precedence over a child but to many boxer owners they are an equal member of the family who is loved just the same.
    If you dont feel this way then finding Chief a new home may be best for him so he can get the love, exercise and attention he deserves.

- as for the abortion comment- please remove this vile contribution- it has no place on this or any other forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.