Chicago to denver, not a boxer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gladiatormax

Boxer Pal
I'm so sorry to bother all of you with a non-boxer transport. I am actually wondering if anyone knows of a site I can go to to find transportation for a cavalier king charles. We are adopting a blind little pup from Illinois and need transportation to Wyoming or Denver (Denver is just 2 hours away from us so ) and am currently trying to arrange transportation. If you have any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated.

Caney Creek

Boxer Insane
There is actually a new airline called Pet Airways just for dogs and cats. Pets are safely kenneled in the main cabin of the plane, so they have the comfort of heating/air conditioning and are constantly being monitored by flight attendants. It's a much safer way for a pet to fly than being in the cargo hold.

The cities they fly to are limited right now, but Chicago and Denver are on the list. The only problem you might have is booking a reservation -- the company seems to have gained popularity very quickly and I heard somewhere that flights must be booked months in advance. It's worth looking into though.
Pet Airways is a pet airline

If that doesn't work maybe you could fly there and fly back with the dog, if it is small enough to fit in a carrier under the seat then you wouldn't have to put the pup underneath the plane. I know people do it all the time but personally I wouldn't want to do that with my animal (put it in the cargo area). I'd be a nervous wreck, and the dog probably would be too.

Good luck getting your puppy safe and sound :)

djheitz

Boxer Insane
I just read an article a couple of weeks ago about Operation Roger - a group of truckers who will take animals along for the ride. It's a small group and they can only accommodate animals who are going in the right direction, but it might be worth checking out. There is a donation to list your pet as needing transport.

Status
Not open for further replies.