Can't load the site on macbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Althea

Completely Boxer Crazy
I have a new Macbook Pro. I've never had problems with any other forums, but I cannot load this forum on my mac. What is going on? I can load it at work on my PC running vista, but not at home on the mac.

I have a MacBook Pro 13" with 2GB ram and the latest OS, Snow Leopard. I use Safari as my browser of choice, though it will not load on Firefox either. Comcast is my internet provider. I can load every other website and I'm part of several other forums, but this one will not load. How can I fix this?

BoxerForPres

Boxer Pal
Possible Fix

Althea,

I don't have any previous experience with a MacBook but I have good computer knowledge so I did some looking around and found some answers... The suspected fix for this is to turn off/uninstall your "Peer Guardian", and then try the website again. If it works YAY! If not proceed to repair your permissions and or reset them with Peer Guardian still turned off. And try again and hopefully it is fixed now.

G'Luck

BoxerForPres and Tyson

Althea

Completely Boxer Crazy
Thank you! But it's strange what happened. I took my computer to a another location and tried pulling up boxerworld on a different wifi connection. Voila. There it was. Brought it home, and it was still there. So now I can get on without a problem. I think it has something specifically to do with my internet provider.

But thank you for you answer...I'd never heard of anything like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.