Can kids play with a ball in the house with a boxer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

busters mum

Super Boxer
What an idiot. OK Shes the one responsible for re-homing, but come on. Families with children are noisy, Kids do play, She has issues with kids imo.

Im no expert and would never pretend to be,but I am a mother. my kids are 5 and 4. They run around, they scream, they ride bikes, they snatch , they kick balls about, they bounce balloons and blow bubbles, drop food on the floor, cruise toy cars...get the drift? The point is they are also despite this extremly GOOD DISIPLINED children . Buster is very happy here with us.

Its as though that woman thinks any house hold who has a dog should ban their children from leading a normal healthy life and be statues.

I think Im just venting ignorantly now, so Ill go.

jaredethan

Boxer Pal
I will definitely keep everyone posted. I wanted to email her yesterday and tell her that if she is going to help find a dog for us that my children WILL play and we need a dog that will be able to handle our active household. I realized that would probably make her mad since we haven't been on the same page so far. I don't want to make her mad- yet. I thought that was why I was getting a boxer. I also don't understand this. We also have a 14 lb shih tzu and my children haven't "killed" her yet. She doesn't pay much attention to them but they do pet her. You would think if a shih tzu can "survive" in my house a boxer could. I've pretty much said exactly what has happened and I'm glad I'm not crazy for thinking that my kids were ok with what they were doing. Just as I thought, boxer DO play! :)
Thanks everyone!

jaimie

Boxer Insane
This lady sounds completely nutty! I have 4 kids under 10, 2 boxers, a rabbit & a cat we play ball in the house all the time. If a kitten & rabbit survived my children a boxer sure as hell does too. I would definately play her game, then after you have your boxer let the rescue know for any further visits or follow ups that she is NOT welcome in your home. I do home checks for my rescue and I would NEVER say anything like that to a potential adopter that is out of line. Definaltely say something to her superiors after the adoption is complete.

Good luck,

Jaimie

luna

Boxer Buddy
:mad: well, we must all be terrible parents, to let our children play ball, in our own homes, mine do it all the time,you would think she would like to see this, for her to know that the boxer was going to a fun loving happy family, she needs to get a life. Good luck, hopefully you will find each other soon. Anne

Darien'sDad

Boxer Booster
What a nut.

This might just be me, (I tend to be a bit more confrontational) but I would ask for the womans supervisor or superior. If she is the top person in her location, I would simply ask for anyone above her on the regional or national level. Then I would explain the problem to her superiors. She is definitely overstepping her bounds. If she thinks you should dicipline boys for playing I hate to think how she would treat a typical boxer!!! I play ball with my Darien in the house all the time. And we have a small house. You are trying to help with the problem of homeles boxers and she is apparently becoming part of the problem.

VTbxrFan

Boxer Insane
Darien'sDad said:
This might just be me, (I tend to be a bit more confrontational) but I would ask for the womans supervisor or superior. If she is the top person in her location, I would simply ask for anyone above her on the regional or national level.
While I share your sentiments, I wanted to explain the organization structure a bit. Boxer rescues are individual organizations run by volunteers. While there is a lot of interaction and support between the different groups, there is no official structure like the regional or national level you mentioned. If she's the top person in her location, there is no one above her. Each rescue group sets their own rules and guidelines, and all operate a little bit differently. Some are very large groups covering a large geographic region, and others are as small as one or two people doing what they can in a small area.

ladyluck_t

Boxer Insane
Tulsa-Dan said:
I play ball with my two in the house all the time. We play hall fetch and toss and fetch, whatever. My dogs have never as much as turned over a glass of water while playing this way.

I also play ball in the house with my boxer. and even my little neice and nephew play ball in grandma's house with my katie (when grandma is not home that is, she doesnt like anyone playing ball in house) the only person that has knocked anything over is my 13yr old son! he is much more messy than my boxer!

Colt'sDad

Boxer Pal
I'd hate to see what she would have said if she came to my house tonight. Me, our two boys ,Colt and our mutt Bo all play fighting on the living room floor. Kids screaming and dogs growling. She'd probably try to take Colt away.

Elyse

Banned
Playing in the house... Ask me again what happend to my brand new wood floors... NESTLE. Being a 32 yr old woman and playing ball in the house with Nestle, i am guilty of throwing a ball right through our bay window. My hubby was not too thrilled with me but he was OK as long as nestle was having fun.

isn't that what life with a boxer is supposed to be? FUN!

BoboTheBoxer

Boxer Buddy
Mom always said "Don't play ball in the house"

Remember what happened to Peter Brady when he was playing ball in the house and broke mom's favorite vase? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.