Best elevated dog bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

haloboxer

Boxer Buddy
what is the best kind of elevated dog bed for my boxer and what is better pvc or steel? (will be used for traveling) were can I find one at a good price?

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
Are you talking about something that is just a few inches off the ground? I have a Coolaroo that is nearly 10 years old. It is a metal frame, light weight and isn't expensive. I don't know about for traveling though as the frame is fixed in place. Here is a link, Coolaroo Deluxe Dog Bed - Green - Dog Beds at Hayneedle

I know some people like the Kuranda beds for their dogs crates. I have never used them but they are "crate sized" and my be better for traveling. They are more expensive. Here is a link for them, Amazon.com: Kuranda Walnut PVC Chewproof Dog Bed - Large (40x25) - Cordura - Forest Green: Pet Supplies

TwoDogs

Boxer Insane
I recommend the Kuranda beds. They're used at the humane society that I volunteer at and stand up really well to wear. We've got beds there that have lasted years against really hard use indoors and out (and I mean really getting beat on) in all kinds of weather. They are durable, lightweight, and easily sanitized.

sjtorr

Boxer Booster
I second the Kuranda bed.

It's kind of hard to describe how it all fits together... essentially there are the external frame pipes, each with a slot. In the cordura, rods thread through openings on all four sides. then the cordura covered rods are thread through the slots. Makes the frame, and then of course there are the legs. I'm not sure I described that very well.... but it's very sturdy and our boxer LOVES it.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
I have seen Do-Your-Self designs using furniture grade PVC. It wouldn't work as well as the Kuranda beds if you had a chewer, but it would be a lot cheaper. I have often thought it would be nice to get the dogs up off the cold floor in the winter time.

haloboxer

Boxer Buddy
Are you talking about something that is just a few inches off the ground? I have a Coolaroo that is nearly 10 years old. It is a metal frame, light weight and isn't expensive. I don't know about for traveling though as the frame is fixed in place. Here is a link, Coolaroo Deluxe Dog Bed - Green - Dog Beds at Hayneedle

I know some people like the Kuranda beds for their dogs crates. I have never used them but they are "crate sized" and my be better for traveling. They are more expensive. Here is a link for them, Amazon.com: Kuranda Walnut PVC Chewproof Dog Bed - Large (40x25) - Cordura - Forest Green: Pet Supplies

What size Coolaroo do you have?

haloboxer

Boxer Buddy

what size coolaroo do you have?
how has it aged from how it was when you got it?
also do you know the difference between the regular and the Deluxe Dog Bed coolaroo?
thanks

ZekeZira

Completely Boxer Crazy
We have the coolaroo, too - two of them actually. They've been super great. I was just looking at them and I'm thinking we must have gotten the medium ones, even though both dogs are over 50 lbs. The large size has such a big footprint (~44x32) that I don't imagine I have two of those in my kitchen, so they must be medium. We've had them for at least a year but maybe longer and have had no issues at all - not even when my 90 lb boy stands on it. We love them and the dogs love them. Both of mine actually share one bed sometimes and so far, so good!

haloboxer

Boxer Buddy
ok medium sounds awesome.. that is what my baby boxer is getting as a present this year should fit my girl perfectly because she is on the smaller side for a boxer at 50 pounds as of right now but she is only a year and still has a lot more growing to do. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.