1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being Sick... help

Discussion in 'Dog Health issues and questions' started by sarah_bailey, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarah_bailey

sarah_bailey Super Boxer

Hi,

I've not posted on here for quite some time (new job, Xmas, holidays etc) but need to ask some advice.

Bailey has always been very picky with his food - plus he has colitus which we control with his diet so we have to be careful when changing his food.

He's been fine for a long time now, but recently came out of kennels a few days ago and has been sick for the last 3 days.

Day 1 out of kennels - sick
    Day 2 out of kennels - sick
    Day 3 (today) fed chicken and rice - just been sick

I'm concerned now that he's has been sick 3 times, and we are trying to get him to gain weight that this is going to be a problem for him.

Should I try starving now for 24 hours then try chicken and rice again? Or shall I take a trip to the vets incase he has picked something up whilst he was away from home?

Thankyou

2. x19er

x19er Boxer Insane

To be honest as he's been in the kennels I would go to the vet to check he's not picked anything up. Our vets advice has always been to starve for 24 hours to give the stomach a chance to settle then small meals after that. Is he drinking water and keeping that down ok - 3 days would be a long time not to have any fluid?

3. Lisa H

Lisa H Completely Boxer Crazy

I agree...a trip to the vet would be a good idea just because he was in a kennel. Rather be safe than sorry. Good luck and keep us posted.

Lisa and Justice

4. sarah_bailey

sarah_bailey Super Boxer

Thanks for the advice.

Any idea what he could have picked up at the kennels? He is fully wormed, flead, and up to date with annual booster and kennel cough.

My other dog was there too and she seems ok although does have a small amount of diarreah...

Thanks again

5. sarah_bailey

sarah_bailey Super Boxer

As for the water, he never has drank alot but seems to be drinking about right and not being sick after drinking - he is sleeping constantly though so may be getting slightly less than usual...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.