Be aware of problems w/peanut butter products

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoxiesEcho

Boxer Insane
Refresh my memory but the last time this happened didn't someone say that salmonella doesn't affect our pets, just humans? Not that I plan on giving Bella recalled treats but I want to make sure that I watch for the right signs of a problem.

LaylaE

Boxer Buddy
Wellness/Old Mother Hubbard

While there are still human products being added to the recall list on a daily basis, I have not seen any more dog treats recalled. I would not assume that means they are ok, though. I would definately check the websites of your treat manufacturer. Most will have a note that they are definately not involved with Peanut Corp. recall. If they do not have a message like that, I would be hesitant to use their peanut butter flavored products for now. I checked Old Mother Hubbard (Wellness), and they say their products are NOT involved with this recall.

I did just that. I did checked the Wellness website and it says "Wellness Products Unaffected by Peanut Butter Recall". So I just ordered some peanut butter flavored Wellness Wellbars.

I feel the Old Mother Hubbard goes through great measures for quality assurance for their products, so I feel confident feeding them to my pup.

boxmom

Boxer Insane
Refresh my memory but the last time this happened didn't someone say that salmonella doesn't affect our pets, just humans? Not that I plan on giving Bella recalled treats but I want to make sure that I watch for the right signs of a problem.

I wondered the same thing, but yes, our pets can get sick from it. Also, since we handle their food we can also pick up the salmonella as well. Here is some info on how it can effect our pets from the CDC http://www.cdc.gov/salmonella/typhimurium/salmonella_pets.html

boxerking

Boxer Pal
Does anyone know if Trader Joe's Peanut Butter dog treats are part of the recall?

My dog threw up once on both Thursday and Friday morning, and I bought a box of peanut butter treats from Trader Joe's a month ago or so. I did some quick googling, and it looks like the only Trader Joe's products are human items, no sign of dog treats. Has anyone seen anything regarding these treats being recalled?

Regardless, I'm planning on bringing him into the vet first thing Monday morning just to be safe.

boxmom

Boxer Insane
Does anyone know if Trader Joe's Peanut Butter dog treats are part of the recall?
Good idea to have him checked out by the vet. I hope he is feeling better soon.
I have not seen any recall for TJ Dog treats, but every day there are several more products recalled (about a dozen today alone). Keep in mind that the company has to "voluntarily" recall it's products at this point, and some companies may not recall even though they used "tainted" raw materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.