Are Two Boxers Better Than One!?

emgrove

Boxer Buddy
Hi all!

I haven't been on here for a while, but really need some advice! Our wonderful boxer boy, Brinks, will be 8 in August. He's an amazing dog.....but YOU know, they do tend to be :)! We are thinking of adding a rescue boxer to our family. I can't seem to move past this yearning. Part of me thinks I must be NUTS, and the other part thinks it'll be awesome, LOL! When we got Brinks, I was still a stay at home Mom. I was there all the time for training, etc. I have been back to work full time for three years now, and that is partly why I thought a companion would benefit him! He has been an ONLY dog, though, for almost 8 years! He is very social and has no aggression issues whatsoever, but HOW do I know that an addition to the family would make him happy?!

We were thinking of rescuing a female between the age of 2-6.....out of puppyhood, but still with lots of energy. We do a lot of walking and Brinky comes on the boat with us all the time. I want to do this, but am terribly worried of what if it goes wrong? HOW do you know if and when it is the right thing to do? Thanks!

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
If you are going through a rescue, many make sure the temperaments of the rescue and your current dog match up. I understand wanting another boxer. Arabella just turned 8 over a month ago, but she has only been an only dog for less than a year and a half. I have been dying to get her a playmate. I have paperwork in with a rescue and have just to do the house inspection and the interview. We are just finishing a house remodel, and will move forward soon.

LoveMyDoggie

Boxer Insane
Good luck to both you! I think most dogs like having a friend to pass the time with. Out Lab and Collie were the best of friends until our Collie passed away. Every dog we have had was a puppy but after having Daisy we will also look for our next dog in the 3-5 year old range. :LOL:

emgrove

Boxer Buddy
Thank you! I am so excited to begin the process. We are just waiting for our home visit. I am still nervous, but that is just me :). Brinks is a super loving boy, and I think he will love the companionship. We have tons of fun with him, and can't wait to take another boxer for long walks, boat rides, beach runs....you name it! Will keep you posted :)!