Any ideas as to the mix here

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvngal

Boxer Booster
Well I uploaded a picture of my sweet Rocky to my gallery. Mom is pure boxer but what do you think the other half is. We're stumped. I'm thinking St Bernard as he is sooo heavy boned and laid back personality. Any ideas?

kpowell

Boxer Insane
If you really want to know, there's a company called MMI Genomics that can tell you if your dog has one of 38 breeds in it. I sent in Stella's DNA and should hear back on April 29!

Gronar

Boxer Booster
He looks all boxer to me. *edit* Lola's right, I think he has a slight beagle look to him. He looks a lot like my Toots facial wise.

Last edited:

paysmom

Boxer Insane
Ya know- I can see where you get the St. bernard idea from. ;) I love Saints lovicon
He doesn't look like he has the typical Boxer underbite either, does he?
Could u give us a side shot of him standing??? Does his body look boxer to you? You had said he is heavy boned... My grandparents have always had Saints and they have a definate stance to them, they almost look like their back legs are longer than the front ones- Do u know what I mean???
Anyways- he sure is a cutie!!! :)

Last edited:

rvngal

Boxer Booster
Ya know- I can see where you get the St. bernard idea from. ;) I love Saints lovicon
He doesn't look like he has the typical Boxer underbite either, does he?
Could u give us a side shot of him standing??? Does his body look boxer to you? You had said he is heavy boned... My grandparents have always had Saints and they have a definate stance to them, they almost look like their back legs are longer than the front ones- :)

His back legs are definitely longer than the front and when he walks, its with his head held low, not up in the air. He is heavy boned and really laid back and lovable. He has large rounded feet and the inside roof of his mouth his black like SB have. He does not have the underbite but as he gets older his jowels and getting longer and his lower lip is starting to turn inside out showing the pink and his neck area has droopy loose skin. I'll try and get better pictures of him. The one I posted is already a month old when he was 12 weeks. He weighs close to 40# at 16 weeks. YO!!!

sargejimenez

Super Boxer
He looks like maybe he is part Boxer! What a cutie! Par t st bernard would be my second guess I had a dog that looke alot like him she was half terrier and half st bernard. But she didnt have all those cute spots on her!

Chiefsmom

Boxer Insane
I see (with the pic with his tongue out) where you would think bernard! However, the rest of him looks primarily boxer! He is extremely cute! lovicon Part of me wants to agree with the beagle comment too! ;) Hard to tell.... but he looks mostly boxer! You should check out that DNA testing that kpowell suggested! It might help! I've never tried one before; but would be interested in finding out what happens. I'd love to know what my Sammy is mixed with. We're thinking black lab/German shepherd.

JoRoJoRy

Boxer Booster
What about redtick coonhound? The markings on the back remind me of this. I must say though that he is a very handsome boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.