1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

American vs European

Discussion in 'Dog Training' started by boxer-mom, Feb 14, 2017.

1. boxer-mom

boxer-mom Boxer Booster

So my first boxer baby who is now 11 and going strong with energy is an American boxer and my new addition I am getting this Friday is a European boxer. Now I've heard that the American boxers are typically more high strung and more aggressive and the European boxers are more laid back. So cash my boxer who's 11. Has always been hyper and jumpy which I would think would be typical boxer if reading a description and he is very protective of our family which can make him aggressive in certain situations like protecting our yard and stuff. You can't come past our
    Gate but he's awesome at a dog park. I firs what I'm asking is should I expect a more relaxed personality with my new European baby.

2. Roge

Roge Boxer Insane

Hi . I have no experience with the amarican boxer , both myself and my parents have European . My boy and my parents 1st boy are and were ( as my parents 1st boy has passed ) quite calm but did have there moments in hyper mode however my parents now have a 10 month old European girl and omg she is wired to the moon , it's the first girl dog to have so I don't know if it's the fact that girls are more high energy than boys or if like humans their personality is just different from dog to dog .