Advice would be welcome please

Roge

Boxer Insane
Hi all its been a long time since Iv had a puppy so I'd love some input please , Mac is on a grain free turkey & salmon puppy food and obviously the kibble is very small hence he hardly chews it he seems to swallow it whole and I'm terrified he'll choke !!! Is all puppy kibble really small ?
Also how long do you think I should keep him on puppy food ?

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
Puppy kibble is always small. After one large bag of puppy food you can switch to adult food. You really don't want Mac growing to fast.

Roge

Boxer Insane
Puppy kibble is always small. After one large bag of puppy food you can switch to adult food. You really don't want Mac growing to fast.
Tks Jan , we just bought a 2 kg bag to start off with so I suppose I should keep him on it for a month or so .

Gatorblu

Boxer Insane
You can also put a ball in his bowl. Mac will need to push it around to eat and slow him down. I have to do that with Skully.

Jan

Reasonable Moderator
Staff member
You can also get those bowls that have sort or dividers in them, which will also slow them down. It prevents dogs picking up the ball and removing it from the bowl. Some dogs are just too smart for their own good! :)

Roge

Boxer Insane
You can also put a ball in his bowl. Mac will need to push it around to eat and slow him down. I have to do that with Skully.
I am feeding him in his crate withe the gate closed to keep Roge away from Mac's food and also that he will associate the cage with positive things , I used the ball method yesterday evening and Roge was barking in at Mac because he wanted the ball and it frightened Mac away from his food , I will look out for the bowl that Jan suggested .

Roge

Boxer Insane
You can also get those bowls that have sort or dividers in them, which will also slow them down. It prevents dogs picking up the ball and removing it from the bowl. Some dogs are just too smart for their own good! :)
I will defo see if I can get something like that !!